Future of Xanatos

Go down

Future of Xanatos

Post  Xanatos on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:42 pm

After a few days to clear my head of what was a fairly traumatic experience for someone as innocent as myself, I've come to a conclusion as to my future association with this tournament. I was 100% prepared that I had lost, and come second, in the minutes leading up to release of the final scores, yet there is a certain psychology, a raw centre of emotion to winning a long hard battle, and like an idiot I opened up for 5 minutes and took the hit.
Party its because this is my first real online experience, and it had ended so horribly, party also maybe that the mistake to some appeared to be a laughing matter, something that was just edited in the same lines as a joke, and that's how I took it intially...it makes the crashing realisation hurt harder that way.

Still time to move on, I was runner-up, certainly not through my own intelligence, rather by my marshalling as a team leader, from RR1 to R5 I always had cushioning, and once that cushioning of allies ran out I was beaten, in fairness, to a player who was much smarter than me.

Moving on...further...I shall not be playing LGT2, I stand by my initial decision. While I have come to terms with how LGT1 ended, it doesn't make me any more eager to dive back into a situation where I can feel that way all over again. I shall drop in every now and then and I'll offer advice to those who need it (old and new). I do have a genuine interest in how LGT2 will go...I just don't want to be so emotionally attached, I scared myself the way I took being stripped of winning. I slept 4 hours on the night of my exam to make a move in an online tournament, then could barely study or focus in the exam because of what happened, that scares me, I don't want to jeopardise real life again like I did.

Khione, whenever we discussed strategy together I tried to impart on you as much reasoning and knowledge as I could, I feel I've taught you how to approach games, problems, and people, enough so that you will play well this tournament, I know you'll do me proud, you're forging your own legacy now, but you are my pupil so I expect big things from you (no pressure).

Susie and Mel, you two are very special to me, I made many friends with players, but not that many friends with people, I'll see you on skype sometime so you can tell me more about Florida.

I've actually just woken up in the middle of the night feeling mightily sick, so I may wake up in the morning and delete all this, but I can say that in this frame of mind that I will endeavour to keep involved in the LGT community, however I can't bring myself to re-enter as a player, despite the oodles of spare time I now have.

Well 'oodles' made it into my post so that's usually an indicator that I've spoken for too long, goodluck to the new players, experience is a factor, and goodluck to the old players who now have to live up to the reputation of wily old veterans.

-Ollie

P.S is there a booth someone can direct me to so I can transfer my yen to $AUS Wink
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Future of Xanatos

Post  MonkeyBoy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Sorry, Xan. I really have no idea what to say to this. I haven't known you for very long, but judging from your story, I can see that you've put in a great deal of effort in competing for kingship. I bid you good luck with the future, and if you ever feel like joining LGT 2, I urge you to come back. (:
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Sincerity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiria on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:52 pm

The effort and time you put into this means a lot already: you ended up second! Out of quite a few people! Winning is just a title, isn't it? Words on your computer screen. It was a well-played game for you. I hope you don't consider the past few months wasted. I'm sorry you didn't win, you were so happy. Sad I'm not going to say "Take care" or "Good bye" or silly things like that because I expect to hear from you again. Make amazing Grades and go to Miami, okay? Smile
Kiria
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : I can sing horribly. Bad enough to rip your soul out of your chest, scoring me a win. This skill is dedicated to Xanatos.

View user profile http://lolho.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:41 am

like I said elsewhere, I'm happy with second considering the quality of opponent, im still on skype, and ill still be around, I just need to remove myself away from being so close with the lgt community, ie not playing the game and not being on the skype group chat, its not healthy for me, I have an addictive personality. So i'll be seeing plenty of you one-on-one but yeah, that's that.
Xanatos
Final Round Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khione on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:09 am

…Xan…

Thanks for taking me under your wing like you did - I learned a lot, thank you. I don't really know how to thank you properly for everything that you did - I had a portion of the information that was needed, but you helped me learn how to use that information correctly…. but as I don't really have anything really at this point, you'll just have to do with a few measly words, ya know?

Thanks for helping me get the inspiration needed to actually try to win this tournament… thanks for helping me stay a bit calmer after freaking out over my plan-less state - usually last minute after I finally realized that the final bids were due in a few hours… thanks for helping me out of holes that I basically dug myself on accident… but most of all, thanks for just being online… and on a not-so-LGT-based note, thanks for helping me with the random Pokemon questions that I thought up of… Thanks for the nickname of Key… and all the random ones that you thought of xD that were totally random

Well - you'd better check up on what's going on frequently enough… k?

And… … I'm seriously scared of having this entire, 'you're my pupil, so you must do great things'… -cues freaking out-

T.T

Well ~ I'd better see you around. (or… else.) But no threat, kay? Life is important too…
Khione
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Love of Imagination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 am

;_;

that means a lot to me key, i KNOW you will be great.

give urself more credit, twas a team effort on alot of things, I'm just the face of the operation xD

~peace Smile
Xanatos
Final Round Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lespar on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 am

Hey, you said something about going to adelaide sometime didn't you? If you do, we can meet up and i'll buy you a beer or something Very Happy

Lespar
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : free cookies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:15 am

haha i may be going to adelaide depending on my uni grades, should meet up =D
Xanatos
Final Round Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:32 am

If you wind up in Miami, we're hanging out! Smile
Masquerade
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : that certain je ne sais quoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Masquerade wrote:If you wind up in Miami, we're hanging out! Smile

dys told me u were from miami the other day and i was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!
Xanatos
Final Round Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:56 pm

There needs to be a giant LGT meetup.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content