Favourite moments

Go down

Favourite moments

Post  Nearco on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:48 pm

So, now that the games are over, what are some of everyone's favourite moments in the games? Tricks that you were proud to have work, etc...
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite moments

Post  Forli on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:20 pm

As a Dealer, I actually enjoyed the Adam-hunting held between Round one and Round two. Trying to clear every player from being fake was a pretty hard challenge and it was awesome to succeed at it. Coming up with new detective-ish tricks was really fun.

Also, it involved some nice stalking, which I always enjoy. MonkeyBoy and LSRose/Twelve of Spades were specially hard to clear (and proporcionally rewarding when we managed to do it).

Sticking to games, I enjoyed kicking Dysania's ass on the Taxpayer game playtest. I can now brag happily about it, as he won the Tournament.
Forli
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Chessboard thinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dysania on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Forli wrote:Sticking to games, I enjoyed kicking Dysania's ass on the Taxpayer game playtest. I can now brag happily about it, as he won the Tournament.

S'fine, I haven't forgotten that little detail, you scamp Wink

In a perverse way, it's one of my fondest memories of the tourney, too....

I'll write something when im less drunk
Dysania
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I can put my entire fist in my mouth! =D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:06 pm

THE MARRIAGEEEE!
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Sincerity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:07 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:THE MARRIAGEEEE!

Very Happy

Even funnier is the fact that we weren't going out until after that. You guys just organized that on your own.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:13 pm

HA. Only cause we knew it was coming. Wink
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LSRose on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Forli wrote:Also, it involved some nice stalking, which I always enjoy. MonkeyBoy and LSRose/Twelve of Spades were specially hard to clear (and proporcionally rewarding when we managed to do it).

I know Spades was hard to clear but how was I so hard to clear...?
LSRose
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : Killer intuition

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Forli on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Well, we cleared Spades through you.
Forli
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Chessboard thinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryselda on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:56 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:HA. Only cause we knew it was coming. Wink

LOL. The marriage was great. There were a lot of good times here during the lgt. ^^
Cryselda
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : ...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:02 am

Indeed. The LGT have been an invaluable experience. I'm expecting LGT 2 will be just as much, if not even better, than this one.
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:35 am

LSRose wrote:
Forli wrote:Also, it involved some nice stalking, which I always enjoy. MonkeyBoy and LSRose/Twelve of Spades were specially hard to clear (and proporcionally rewarding when we managed to do it).

I know Spades was hard to clear but how was I so hard to clear...?

Coz we found out that you were Koreans who celebrated American-timed Thanksgiving. That threw everything wonky.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LSRose on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 am

Forli: how is that possible if she got put into a group even before I joined the forum...?
Nearco: we celebrate both Razz we also acknowledge both memorial days Razz
LSRose
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : Killer intuition

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 am

Okay, might as well come clean about a lot of things:

RR2 was a giant conspiracy against Captain Obko led by myself and Dysania. We easily got Xan, Sunako, and AkiraHotaru on board, and the 5 of us carefully planned everything out to ensure Obko lost by any margin possible. This meant claiming we were "too sick" to play that day, in order to push Obko's battle earlier in the line so we can figure out by how much we needed to win. Razz

Wacky Masquerade's Alliance Shop was just to throw everyone off. I knew the plan I proposed was a POS.

R4 was the most stressful for us because we were balancing a delicate line between two alliances. There was a point where LSRose ducked a vote. That's because I'd told Dysania to pass along the information we'd received from Cryselda, in order to watch two of the Monday alliance go down, and the plan worked without a hitch. We WERE going to do it again by telling LSRose "they're targeting you again, duck", and then tell Crys "lol we pulled it off, go vote for someone else on Xan's side" in order to watch 2 players on Xan's side go down, but we were too late to pull it off. And then Dysania contacted me the following round with "DON'T VOTE FOR ME IT'S A TRAP" and it wasn't a trap and he lost. He overthought it and I just went along with it because we didn't have time to pow-wow. But that first part was our best Xanatos Gambit and it worked beautifully.

Dysania gave me his Starmie account in R5 in order to post in different time-zones (and to put my I'M NOT DYSANIA acting skills to the test, basically a lot of use of the word "bro" and lack of punctuation), but he eventually realized IP addresses could be tracked with emails and it just ended up working in our favor that we did that.

I personally feel somewhat guilty about the Adam-hunting. I remember exposing Adam with numerous screenshots of everything he'd delete or deny, and then half of the community just left because of it. It had to be done, but it was a shame to lose so many players that way.

And then I remember rage-quitting in Taxpayer. Not my finest moment. But I'd planned a perfect turnaround strategy for hours only to have the rules changed. If a player thwarted me, I'd take it, but oof that set me off.

The reason Dysania and I played this game was because we had already been planning an LGT of our own several months before this one showed up, and we wanted to use it as a petri dish of research. Which was why we had each other's backs so thoroughly. We could discuss the tournament at length. XD

That's everything on my end. I know a lot of people thought I rode on Dysania's coattails, but we really did concoct devious plans together. I just made him do a lot of the dirty work after I successfully pissed off the opposing team in Liar's Chess. I just wanted to lay low and look like a ranting raving moron.
Masquerade
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : that certain je ne sais quoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:10 pm

To be fair, Masq, L and I lead 2 different revolts against Adam when he was exposed. L led the "leave and never come back" one, while I led the "PM Leronira with hatemail, then get your friends to PM Leronira with hatemail. If he doesn't ditch Solario after that, then leave."

I kinda exaggerated on the amount that I had received, but at least one member told me that he sent death threats. So that kinda worked.

For those unaware, during R4, there were 3 alliances. Xanatos+LSRose+friends, Cryselda+friends, and Dysania+Masquerade. The first 2 alliances were roughly equal. Xan invited Masq to join his alliance, Crys invited Dys to join her alliance, and they both got to play kingmaker. Unfortunately, there were a few moves that were way too obvious on their part, and the whole thing fell apart since the alliances just targeted those two.

Masq is kinda right that Dys ducking wasn't gonna work, but the other players got more savvy than that: They gave each other player 3 votes, and noone but Masq and Dys could vote for Dys. Regardless of Masq's actions, they were both cornered.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Favorite moments:
Chatting with the Inner Pervert Alliance Members
Planning with the Zombie Team
Getting My Revival Ticket and Debt Cleared
Talking on the Xat
Seeing my lovely dark red font
Laughing at people when they took the game too seriously
Feeling equally mature as most of the adults, not feeling out of place
Getting to the last Revival Round/ having Crys make it to the end
The Weddings
Seeing everyone go mad with suspicion
Drawing on Doodle
Movie Nights
Skype Calls and chats
Dramatic MSN group chats
Giving away the majority of my yen after Liar Chess
Stalking down members for fun
Playing non-official-LGT games with people
Surviving somehow, even though I knew I would unless I purposely lost [Thanks Obko (and everyone else, but mainly him) and Khione for both tickets]
Nicknaming people

Would go on, but that's mainly it.
[I'm also glad I met amazing friends through this, haha. The type I'll actually still talk to even now that LGT 1 is over. ]
monday
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Leader of the Perverts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemesissy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:35 am

I enjoyed working out the mechanics of the games, looking for that all too common 'foolproof method' which actually doesn't really exist. Razz

Unfortunately I had minimal contact with other players - mainly pm's. I never once used the xat, for the reason that I couldn't access it and messaging dealers didn't seem to help.

I could definitely get in on those dramatic MSN group chats though. I guess it'll have to be my resolution for LGT2 - talk to people more.

Minigames were fun too, I'd also like to try my hand at designing some and sitting out to watch how it goes. If the dealers for LGT2 are reading this, why not let players send in game designs? Might have to make it for minimal to no yen in case they've somehow rigged it for their friends without you noticing.

Also, I think it's funny that I missed half the tournament time-wise yet it was only 2 games I missed out on. Smile
Nemesissy
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Taking liar game seriously

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Nemesissy wrote:Minigames were fun too, I'd also like to try my hand at designing some and sitting out to watch how it goes. If the dealers for LGT2 are reading this, why not let players send in game designs? Might have to make it for minimal to no yen in case they've somehow rigged it for their friends without you noticing.

Send them in. Smile

We're running minigames in the Carousel right now and are always open to some fresh ideas, and perhaps we can run some of the minigames in the actual tournament!
Masquerade
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : that certain je ne sais quoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down