Rule Changes

Go down

Rule Changes

Post  Cryselda on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:51 pm

I think there should be a thread on this because a few people have complained about it. Apparently there was a rule change for the game Pistol Duel. That rule change has made a few people unhappy because it has to do with the RR and who makes it to Round 3. If its possible to change it back then well Im sure they would much prefer it~

This thread is also here for anyone to vent about this rule change and what not.
Cryselda
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : ...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Changes

Post  Nearco on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 am

Umm... I can't remember changing any rules to pistol duel? Can you please clarify?
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:01 am

It's been pointed out that the rule in question may be the cover-4-times-in-a-row. So, to cover this, I will point out that such a rule is necessary. Otherwise the best strategy becomes to cover until your opponent has shot 10 times. At which point you start shooting like crazy. And then the game goes into sudden death. Unless your opponent screws up, of course, and doesn't cover like crazy when you are shooting like crazy.

This situation was not what we wanted the game to become, and the only person who didn't get into round 3 was aware of this rule modification before both of his games.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dysania on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:46 am

Regardless, I agree 100% with Crys: in the event of any rules being tweaked last-minute, having somewhere where the notification is announced explicitly is a very good idea- people may not keep referring to the explanation board if they already understand the game as it is.... or if there are any scheduling changes, or if anything has simply been edited without a further word.

I'm sure this isn't expected, but y'know. Murphy's law and all that. It might be better to have something like this seperate- and for it to never be used- than to be burying updates hither and thither in the original thread and people not seeing them.

Sticky it, perhaps?
Dysania
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I can put my entire fist in my mouth! =D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 am

In the first round, I attached a separate section in the first/second post for edit-ons. I'll stick to that in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience to anyone, although, as pointed out earlier, it appears not to have changed anything.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down