So, a crazy idea between Lero and myself...

Go down

So, a crazy idea between Lero and myself...

Post  Nearco on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:48 am

So, little known fact. The last couple of days, I spent at home. Between stuff on these forums, work, family, work, family, (yes, those gets included twice, they are both that bad Very Happy), and a bunch of other stuff, I was finding myself stressed. One of the effects of this was that I didn't check my PMs. So, a transfer was requested and I didn't notice it. While this is an unusual set of circumstances, the potential for a dealer not to check the forums and see a PM quickly is a possibility.

To speed things up, I suggested to Leronira that we put up a transfer thread. Since the results of transfers are public anyway, I see no reason to restrict it to private messaging. "Oh no! Players might see that I transferred money to Bob Smith, I don't want people knowing I transferred money to Bob Smith... and it won't be obvious in any way, shape or form that I did it when 100 mill of my money disappears, and Bob Smith is suddenly 100 mill richer."

The shape of the idea is as such. Instead of PMing Lero or me, you make a post in the thread, and we will come in and fix up any undone requests, and post "Updated" at such a time.

The advantage is simple: Transfers are done faster.

Leronira points out a simple flaw: Transfers will be made public.

Now, this is my personal opinion on this, but there are 26 players at the current point in time. Some of these will be eliminated over the next couple of weeks, due to the next revival round. The ability to check everyone's totals becomes surprisingly easy at that point. So, the disadvantage that Leronira has pointed out becomes less of a problem, since they will be public anyway. When it gets to round 5, all transfers may as well be public. (For those who haven't heard, we wish to make this a 5-round, 4 revival-round game. This gives the chance for those who want to start their own LGT to do so mid-year-ish. They may even be able to use round 5 from the manga, assuming it starts up.)

So, Leronira and I have come to a standstill. We can sorta both see each others point, but the points are either flawed or not advantageous enough for the extra disadvantages that it would be bring in.

Naturally, that means we ask you guys. So, opinions? Very Happy

Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So, a crazy idea between Lero and myself...

Post  Masquerade on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:09 am

I've yet to use the transfers, so I don't have any personal experience to go on here... but I agree with Nearco's logic. I'm personally more inclined to doing anything that makes things easier for the mods that doesn't ruin the game for the players for efficiency.
Masquerade
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : that certain je ne sais quoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:01 am

i dont see how making a thread for transfers would increase dealer efficiency, if you don't read your messages then why would you read a forum thread? and speaking of which im waiting on a reply from you lero for 3 days now, time is money! aside from that, i dont think anyone notices other players yen tallys going up and down...well i sure dont care anyway, heck i didnt even know my own till a week ago, im just saying its not like yen transfers are that obvious already that you may as well make it completely public.
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Xanatos wrote:im waiting on a reply from you lero for 3 days now, time is money! aside from that, i dont think anyone notices other players yen tallys going up and down...well i sure dont care anyway, heck i didnt even know my own till a week ago, im just saying its not like yen transfers are that obvious already that you may as well make it completely public.

Best way to get an answer is to not play the game ~
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Xan: You are actually the case which prompted me to do this. When I saw yours, I was still a bit on the stressed side, so I got lero to do it (and he kinda forgot and is doing it now.) Correction: It just got done.

The transfer was sent to me, and I didn't see it until yesterday. At this point, it had been sitting in my inbox for several days. The thread suggestion gets around this by having lero, me and, when he returns, forli all being able to check it.

Sticking to general terms, let's say you send a transfer request to dealer X. Dealer X is unable to hop on for a while. Your transfer request is not seen until he returns. Hence, the delay.

In comparison, let's say that we have this thread. You post in the thread, and, of course, Dealer X doesn't see it. Dealer Y sees it, since the information is available to everyone. Therefore, Dealer Y would complete your transfer.

Essentially, it means that, as long as one dealer sees it, there is no problem, whereas the current situation requires a specific dealer to see it.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 pm

i guess the fact that a thread means you are doubling or tripling your chances of catching a dealer rather than singling one out makes sense. thanx for that.
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryselda on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:02 am

This sounds like a good idea. As Nearco pointed out transfers arent very secret. XP -points to Trade-

The only problem I see may be one dealer doing the transfer as another is doing it. Or it getting done more then once or something lol. But you guys will probably get around that by informing each other just fine lol.
Cryselda
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : ...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Cryselda wrote:This sounds like a good idea. As Nearco pointed out transfers arent very secret. XP -points to Trade-

The only problem I see may be one dealer doing the transfer as another is doing it. Or it getting done more then once or something lol. But you guys will probably get around that by informing each other just fine lol.

Extra money is always good.

Solarium King
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Losing bets, even if they are a 50% either way.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Well, the easiest way to overcome that would be for the dealer to post "doing it", then when he's finished, edit it to say "done".
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 am

Nearco wrote:Well, the easiest way to overcome that would be for the dealer to post "doing it", then when he's finished, edit it to say "done".

lol
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:05 am

Well, if the dealers think this is the most efficient method, who am I to judge?
I will however point out it is very silly to believe this will be exactly the same thing as Private Messaging.

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Captain Obko wrote:Well, if the dealers think this is the most efficient method, who am I to judge?
I will however point out it is very silly to believe this will be exactly the same thing as Private Messaging.

who cares, as long as the transfer goes through. Everyone in an alliance knows the other alliances and individuals.

Solarium King
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Losing bets, even if they are a 50% either way.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dysania on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 pm

Captain Obko wrote:Well, if the dealers think this is the most efficient method, who am I to judge?

I think this is a very articulate stance and I pretty much agree with it.

I'm all for whatever makes stuff easier for everyone, within reason. However, a public thread which gets lit up every time anyone posts in it is very different from a private request happening behind the scenes. One is indicative of alliegence, the other is graffitiing it in giant great marker pen.

Both are cool, let people have their choice, i spose.
Dysania
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I can put my entire fist in my mouth! =D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down