Wait a minute.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wait a minute.

Post  Masquerade on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Okay, I just had a moment of really late Fridge Logic.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the very very first round of the Liar Game manga, the reason the teacher couldn't keep the 200M securely in the bank was because he couldn't take it out on Sunday to show to the LGT and be declared the winner. Totally logical. Congratulations on the genius deduction, Akiyama!

But then I thought, as I reached into my fridge for a Guinness, "Why the fuck does that matter?"

Ultimately, he had his hands on all 200M. Couldn't he just have kept the money in the bank anyway, been declared a loser along with Nao on Sunday, then pay his 100M debt on Monday and keep the other 100M for himself while Nao is left crying in agony?
Masquerade
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : that certain je ne sais quoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wait a minute.

Post  L on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 am

Masquerade wrote:Ultimately, he had his hands on all 200M. Couldn't he just have kept the money in the bank anyway, been declared a loser along with Nao on Sunday, then pay his 100M debt on Monday and keep the other 100M for himself while Nao is left crying in agony?

I thought about that too, but I think he didn't know about the Liar Game in complete back then, no one did. He would of assumed he got a free 100Mil and walked away free..
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:55 pm

But mathematically, there's no reason to really assume that. Both players WILL be charged 100M at the end of the game no matter what. If neither of them showed the money, they couldn't penalize the winner with 200M, because then the other player gets away scot free... but even then the winner could still produce the 200M.
Masquerade
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Masquerade wrote:But mathematically, there's no reason to really assume that. Both players WILL be charged 100M at the end of the game no matter what. If neither of them showed the money, they couldn't penalize the winner with 200M, because then the other player gets away scot free... but even then the winner could still produce the 200M.

No, no, I mean.. he didn't know that the Liar Game went on for more rounds. I didn't mean anything about the money, itself.
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:07 am

Even if it didn't go on for more rounds, the logic still applies.
Masquerade
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:08 am

Masquerade wrote:Even if it didn't go on for more rounds, the logic still applies.

That is not logic, that is something that can happen, but no one would do it without the correct amount of information.
All that is, is a basic scenario of something that might happen if the logic of the Liar Game was known to the players at a time when it wasn't.
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dysania on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:19 pm

To me, the biggest mistake in this thread is that Masq was drinking a Guinness. That makes even less sense than the Sunday thing Suspect
Dysania
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I can put my entire fist in my mouth! =D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Dysania wrote:To me, the biggest mistake in this thread is that Masq was drinking a Guinness. That makes even less sense than the Sunday thing Suspect

Guinness is awesome. What's wrong with me = Guinness?
Masquerade
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Nice simple answer. Who said that Akiyama ever thought teacher put it in the bank? Putting money in the bank means that money will be noticed. Money being noticed means questions. Teacher doesn't have answers. This is problematic for teacher. So teacher wants to keep the money away from government-related eyes.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masquerade on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Nearco wrote:Nice simple answer. Who said that Akiyama ever thought teacher put it in the bank? Putting money in the bank means that money will be noticed. Money being noticed means questions. Teacher doesn't have answers. This is problematic for teacher. So teacher wants to keep the money away from government-related eyes.

Then maybe that should've been Akiyama's reasoning instead of "LOL NO WAY TO WITHDRAW ON SUNDAY"
Masquerade
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 pm

The best answer I can come up with is Nao's character. Explaining that the government keeps track of money would turn into a conversation about the black market and all that, since I doubt Nao would really know that much on the idea, and Akiyama would have to explain it. At this point, she is very gullible and quite naive.

Although, to be fair, it seems more likely that the mangaka screwed up. I'm kinda grasping at straws for this part of the explanation.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top