Greetings

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings

Post  Ice the frosty cat on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:30 am

Hello there. I'm Ice the frosty cat. I'm not one for introductions, but just know that crossing me isn't something you're going to want to be doing.
I'm from England. The North-West specifically.
Whilst I do like anime and manga, I can't stand people who go overboard with it.

But anyway, I hope we can get along...
Ice the frosty cat
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Lateral thinking~

View user profile http://mitadakesaga.webcomic.ws

Back to top Go down

I'll just toss my intro in here.

Post  fanged_loathe on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Name's fanged_loathe, you can call me fang for short. I'm never really sure what to put here, believing that learning details about someone and revealing details of yourself are things that happen naturally, not forcibly by introduction topics/spaces on websites. If there's really something you want to know about me, just ask, and try not to ask me the same old stupid questions you always ask someone new (we hate answering these questions, why then do we always ask them?). Provided it's not too personal, I will answer.

As for the appeal, I could state some of my talents and sound charming, but why bother? You'll all second guess me anyway, and those who wouldn't will be picked off quickly or didn't even bother to read this post; it may as well fall on deaf ears.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything meaningful worth saying. So...thanks for your time (addressed only to those who bothered to read the whole post).

fanged_loathe
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Well, telling wouldn't be any fun, would it?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introduction

Post  BeyondDestiny on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi there. I am known as BeyondDestiny. I feel as though introductions and appeals are currently unnecassary as they volunteer unnecassary information. I look forward to playing against everyone.

BeyondDestiny
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Unnecassary Information To Provide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Hello, this is surfeit King, and I hope all of you will be a worthy challenge.

I love manga, my favorite being Bakuman and then Liar Game. I don't expect to lose, and I'm fairly sure I can win; I have a 10% chance currently Razz. Well 12.5%, if you don't count the refs. No idea for an alliance till Round 1 starts; that kind of sucks haha.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenneth on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii theressss I'm just a really friendly guy looking forward to anything in life~

Just to say Hi and yea mostly it ;]

Kenneth
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : One that is Unknown to the Human senses.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  haze on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:09 am

Hi, i'm haze here. Nice to meet you all. Actually i don't really have anything to say so yeah. Smile

haze
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : -

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glass on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:47 am

I go by the name of Glass, I hail from Canada and I would list my strong points, but alas there are too many and it would take far more time then there is before the first round to go in depth of my many exploits. Regardless, if you don't irritate me too much and don't require a babysitter to carry you through the game I can see us becoming allies. I hope that you ....others.... won't disappoint to make this entertaining.

Last edited by Glass on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glass
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Musketeer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blahblahblah on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:25 am

Hi, I'm blahblahblah. And as my name implies, I'm not the type to talk much about anything at all. I'm just looking forward to the events about to unfold here and hopefully have myself some fun.
blahblahblah
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Figure it out yourself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerreh on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:37 am

Hello, this is Kerreh - My real name is Kerry if that isn't too obvious.
I'm, like a lot of the people that have previously posted, not one for making intro's so I'll make this brief. If you want to ask me a question just ask, don't dilly dally. I'll answer a question about myself if I'm asked one. ^^
Kerreh
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Being a slave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Greetings.

Post  TrueAnonyman on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:31 am

Greetings, players. I am TrueAnonyman, and as my name suggests, I prefer to stay anonymous. Giving away too much information would endanger me in the game, and I'm not too talkative anyway.
TrueAnonyman
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Fanatical attention to detail.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noroibito on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:54 am

Why hello! As you can see my name is Noroibito. What that means isn't really important. I can see many people here are quite seclusive so far. Expect me to be the same. Wouldn't want to loose right off the bat. I wish luck to all fellow contestants and hope you enjoy the game as much as i will.
Noroibito
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Cooperation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ice the frosty cat on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Allow me to make a simple observation.
Every single one of you decided to introduce yourself in this thread, didn't you?
The general behaviour on forums, is that you make your own thread, is it not? So, for what reason has everyone posted their introductions in the same thread, I wonder?
I'll tell you. You all saw that Fanged decided to introduce him here too, and immediately got the impression that all introductions were to be had in this thread, did you not?

The game has not even begun yet, and even so, I've managed to prove that everyone who posted after Fanged has a fairly weak mindset, in that they'll follow the crowd. No matter what common sense tells you is the right answer, you feel as if you must go with the majority.
This is good to know, I should be able to use this against you...
Ice the frosty cat
Not a Player

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAnonyman on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Ice the frosty cat wrote:Allow me to make a simple observation.
Every single one of you decided to introduce yourself in this thread, didn't you?
The general behaviour on forums, is that you make your own thread, is it not? So, for what reason has everyone posted their introductions in the same thread, I wonder?
I'll tell you. You all saw that Fanged decided to introduce him here too, and immediately got the impression that all introductions were to be had in this thread, did you not?

The game has not even begun yet, and even so, I've managed to prove that everyone who posted after Fanged has a fairly weak mindset, in that they'll follow the crowd. No matter what common sense tells you is the right answer, you feel as if you must go with the majority.
This is good to know, I should be able to use this against you...

Perhaps there is another answer. By all placing our introductions in this thread, we made it more likely for others to post them here too. We were all very noncommital with our introductions, so we gave little away, but we made it easier (through email notifications) to find out when others had posted here - so if any of them slipped up, we would all see immediately. And it seems to have worked - we now know exactly what you think of us, how you see yourself in relation to us, and how you see our playstyle. Thank you for this, Ice.
TrueAnonyman
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ice the frosty cat on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:10 pm

TrueAnonyman wrote:Perhaps there is another answer. By all placing our introductions in this thread, we made it more likely for others to post them here too. We were all very noncommital with our introductions, so we gave little away, but we made it easier (through email notifications) to find out when others had posted here - so if any of them slipped up, we would all see immediately. And it seems to have worked - we now know exactly what you think of us, how you see yourself in relation to us, and how you see our playstyle. Thank you for this, Ice.

Yes, this is certainaly true. There's not much I can do with my initial observation. I realized this when made it. However, you've failed to understand my true motives and you've done exactly as I'd hoped. Rather than staying quiet and letting me think I had you understood, you denied my theories upfront, providing me with more information on you. You seem to be a slightly reckless type who makes rash decisions when provoked.
Of course, this could easily be another bluff, but I'll have to make further observations of you in the future, in order to get a firm grasp on how to compete with you...
Ice the frosty cat
Not a Player

Back to top Go down

Post  FigherRoa on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Names FighterRoa, but just call me Roa for short. I hope this turn out to be an exciting game. To the last two commenter, you cant exactly guess a mindset accurately in the internet compare to meeting face to face. In a way, is like playing poker for real or playing poker on the internet. Because when meet face to face, certain action causes body language to react a certain way and thus reveal what a person is thinking. However, in the internet, you and no way to guess a person's thought if they are trying to hide it. In which, in this case, both of your observation can be true and false, and there are no way to test which of you are actually correct even if those who comment tells you what they think when they comment it. In fact, they could just leave an introduction without any purpose, and since this is a forum, it is highly possible they make up something completely.
FigherRoa
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : It is all part of my plan that you look at this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenwind on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Hey, I'm Ravenwind

I'm from Toronto and I'm currently taking a course in Software Engineering.
I have an extreme passion for board games, and enjoy watching reality show competitions(Survivor, Big Brother). So when I found the Liar Game manga, it fit perfectly in my tastes.

Preferably we will get to know each other better closer to the start of the competition.
Ravenwind
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Survivor Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ice the frosty cat on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:19 pm

FigherRoa wrote: To the last two commenter, you cant exactly guess a mindset accurately in the internet compare to meeting face to face. In a way, is like playing poker for real or playing poker on the internet. Because when meet face to face, certain action causes body language to react a certain way and thus reveal what a person is thinking. However, in the internet, you and no way to guess a person's thought if they are trying to hide it. In which, in this case, both of your observation can be true and false, and there are no way to test which of you are actually correct even if those who comment tells you what they think when they comment it.
Whilst you may be right, there's still a varying degree of information you can extract, even through text.
Nevertheless, I agree that maybe we should save the analysis until the game starts...
Ice the frosty cat
Not a Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Akiyama_Shinichi on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:20 pm

My name is Akiyama Shinichi.
Akiyama_Shinichi
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Analysis and Deduction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glass on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:24 pm

perhaps a new topic should be created for your attempts to pick each others minds, as if this is both used for introductions and standard communications it will get very cramped.
Glass
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Musketeer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAnonyman on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Akiyama_Shinichi wrote:My name is Akiyama Shinichi.
Should we be scared?
TrueAnonyman
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataly on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi there.

I'm Nataly and yes, that is my real name.
I look forward to tapping into the minds of my competitors and learning a bit about general psychology. Smile

Good day.
Nataly
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Intuition and deducing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FigherRoa on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:53 pm

TrueAnonyman wrote:
Akiyama_Shinichi wrote:My name is Akiyama Shinichi.
Should we be scared?

just tell him the identity of everyone. You are actually Nao Kanzaki, and i am Aizen from Bleach. So no, we should not be scare.

P.S. Everything is part of my plan
FigherRoa
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : It is all part of my plan that you look at this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello, my name is Kierre. I'm from Illinois, USA. If you want to know any additional information, just send me a message.

Back to top Go down

Post  seifer9999 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 pm

seifer9999 here, from south america.

seifer9999
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : observative

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlight on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi, my name's Moonlight, and I'm here to participate in this tournament. I'm from Nyssa, Oregon, if any of you know where that is and I'm in this game to win it. I'm a bit of a sore loser, but I'll try my best to take losing as gracefully as possible, should that happen. I love games that exercise my intellligence and I look forward to competing. I'm not gonna say any more about me, because, where would be the fun in that?

Also, if any of you want to contact me for any reason you can. I'm a pretty nice guy, if you get to know me. Smile
Moonlight
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : bleh....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: