Group mixing

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Group mixing

Post  Forli on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Hey guys, as you have already heard of, we're planning on maybe mixing the groups soon. These are the current numbers for the groups:

Group A: 18 players
Group B: 13 players
Group C: 20 players
Group D: 7 players

As groups A and B belong to the Western Hemisphere and groups C and D belong to the Easten Hemisphere, they won't be mixed up together. Instead, we will only mix Groups A with B and Groups C with D. After the mix, numbers would be:

Group A: 16 players
Group B: 15 players
Group C: 14 players
Group D: 13 players

Also, we wouldn't only take a few members of Group A and drop them on Group B. It would be a total random mix up. Why? Because we want to follow the manga scheme, where players get mixed up every round. This would also cancel the redundant alliances and teams, making it a lot more interestings, as each round players would need to use different strategies. And there's more, every round players would have differents opponents, it would be a lot more exciting.

Of course, this is not fully decided yet, but I'm letting you know to see what you think about this. Please, try not to be selfish and rage on us because you don't want to be split up from your alliance. as facing difficulties is also part of the game.

Last edited by Forli on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Forli
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Chessboard thinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group mixing

Post  Dysania on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 pm

Forli wrote:Hey guys, as you have already heard of, we're planning on maybe mixing the groups soon. These are the current numbers for the groups:

Group A: 18 players
Group B: 13 players
Group C: 20 players
Group D: 7 players

As groups A and B belong to the Western Hemisphere and groups C and D belong to the Easten Hemisphere, they won't be mixed up together. Instead, we will only mix Groups A with B and Groups C with D. After the mix, numbers would be:

Group A: 16 players
Group B: 15 players
Group C: 14 players
Group D: 13 players

Of course, this is not fully decided yet, but I'm letting you know to see what you think about this. Please, try not to be selfish and rage on us because you don't want to be split up from your alliance. as facing difficulties is also part of the game.

I don't know so much about *constant* group mixing, but I agree the imbalance should be addressed sooner rather than later. Group D and Group C are pretty much the same thing, after all (a massive Group C was split in two pre-minigame, if i recall), so the reverse wouldnt make a massive difference.

Can't speak for groups A and B, though. Not my department, guv'nor Wink

Though I dont recall anywhere in the manga there being total random mix-up every round, like you state... with the exception of the Round 4 prelims. Everyone else seems to have followed their set seed order pretty much to the letter XD
Dysania
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I can put my entire fist in my mouth! =D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:05 pm

And this is where chibi comes in to be unhappy.

No way. Hahahaha, not happening.
Chibi won't let this. Wanna know why? Because if a certain "Random mixing" removed me from the friends I have, then I will be dropping out of this tournament.

Hahahaha, bring it..LGT.

By the way,
Chibi does not play away.
._________________. <---- serious face.

Jerks! -mumblemumblemumble.-

Last edited by ChibiSirenity on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Forli on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 pm

We won't kill your friends, you know?
Forli
Ex-Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Yeah, chibi is not up for this idea. I'm going to have a discussion with Lero and Nearco about this.

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:04 pm

I admit that I wouldn't want to switch groups...I prefer the one I'm in now to Group B, which I could be placed into. I find my group more interesting, though that may just be because I'm in it. However, if I am switched groups, I guess I'll understand. I can deal with being 'unhappy' because I realize I won't be the only one having to deal with it. I know people in other groups as well, so I won't feel completely lonely or anything. I understand that it will make the game more fun and exciting for those who are not being moved out of their groups...Also, I'd rather beat the less interesting people [those not in my group] over those in my group, haha. I'm trying to look on the positive side, I guess, because I may end up moved...? Anyways, looking at it from the view of the spectators...it is a great idea and may end up very amusing. People will be removed from their cozy alliances and pushed into other groups where they may have to fight for new allies. Yay~ Excitement. Also, from a dealer's perspective, it will be sort of humorous to see people get angry about it... but I felt the same way when everyone got a debt, so I guess I may be...in the minority?

Also, no one in Group A will want to move...or so it seems. We are the most amazing group ever, of course. ;] But like I said, I like people in Group B... Whining about it being 'unfair' is sort of stupid... You are not supposed to have everything come easily to you in the Liar Game. Some people may have everything going well for them, while others may be suffering. It could even out the odds, possibly. You can still talk to your friends, regardless of the group you're in. I have friends in other groups, and we can still enjoy chatting without having to compete in the same group.

Last edited by monday on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
monday
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Leader of the Perverts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurifuji on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:17 pm

I think it would be only fair to do this too.

I mean, some of the players have made a "bond" already, meaning that new players don't have ANY chance getting in these circles, making them to lose as they can't get any alliances up. Same for those who the mentioned circle might hate, he would automatically become a target and be eliminated because s/he is in the same group where everyone happens to hate him because of this alliance mentioned earlier.

And having a friends doesn't really change this, I mean you can still be friends and contact each others, we wont change that. But I'm sorry, it still sounds a lil' bit too unfair to others, Chi-hime~
Kurifuji
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Observation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BadPlayer on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Ergh. I'd rather not have this whole group mix-up thing, but I'm not going to make a big fuss over it.

(Although considering registration has been closed, "new" players have had time to seek out alliances >_>)

EDIT: Oh, also:

1. Are you guys planning on having this mix-up done before or after revival round 1?

2. I don't think the groups should be mixed up "constantly". But if you mixed it up before RR1, and we had that as an opportunity to get to know our opponents for R2, that would be a little more agreeable.
BadPlayer
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Wouldn't you like to know~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Forli on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Whining about it being 'unfair' is sort of stupid... You are not supposed to have everything come easily to you in the Liar Game. Some people may have everything going well for them, while others may be suffering. It could even out the odds, possibly. You can still talk to your friends, regardless of the group you're in. I have friends in other groups, and we can still enjoy chatting without having to compete in the same group.

I completly agree with this.

However, from what I got from Monday's post, you're thinking that we will only take a few members from Group A/C and drop them into B and D. That's not it, my idea is fully restructure the groups. Everyone but the winners from round one would be randomized to a new group.

If we agree on this (As I said, this is just an idea so far), we would probably do this after the revival round and give you guys some days to re-organize.

A mix up MAY happen again, or maybe not.

Forli
Ex-Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JigSaw on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:29 pm

I don't know anyone from D O.o .... They're the reject group bounce
JigSaw
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : No Mercy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiria on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:09 pm

I for one, totally support this.
So maybe you'll end up with people you don't talk to.
So what? Deal with it.
Honestly, if you can't take a simple change like this,
what are you going to do when
you step out into reality and get a job?

I didn't really intend for this to sound mean,
but I can see that it does. Mad
Kiria
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : I can sing horribly. Bad enough to rip your soul out of your chest, scoring me a win. This skill is dedicated to Xanatos.

View user profile http://lolho.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Forli wrote:I completly agree with this.

However, from what I got from Monday's post, you're thinking that we will only take a few members from Group A/C and drop them into B and D. That's not it, my idea is fully restructure the groups. Everyone but the winners from round one would be randomized to a new group.

If we agree on this (As I said, this is just an idea so far), we would probably do this after the revival round and give you guys some days to re-organize.

A mix up MAY happen again, or maybe not.

Okay...a complete restructuring... I did understand that part incorrectly. That's not bad, either. After thinking about it, like I said, there's no reason to make a fuss. Also...if it's after the revival round, people have some time to... be with their current groups a while longer? Still, it sounds like a fun idea. Besides, for people with 'friends', you can make new friends. That would also be beneficial...You can't just limit yourself to only interacting with certain people. Get to know others, yeah? This idea could be entertaining. ^-^

Kiria wrote:I for one, totally support this.
So maybe you'll end up with people you don't talk to.
So what? Deal with it.
Honestly, if you can't take a simple change like this,
what are you going to do when
you step out into reality and get a job?

I didn't really intend for this to sound mean,
but I can see that it does.

Ah well if it sounds mean~ You were just expressing your opinion. You've got a point.

EDIT: After talking to some other people, I sort of...changed my mind. I am now against the whole restructuring idea for certain reasons. Maybe if only a few people were moved over, but everyone entirely...that's not as appealing. If some people volunteered to change groups, that would be cool... but tearing certain people apart...is cruel. ^-^ Especially because of personal reasons...
monday
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Leader of the Perverts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:00 pm

JigSaw wrote:I don't know anyone from D O.o .... They're the reject group bounce

As said, you would have people from both group C and D in your new group. The main problem for groups C and D are the time zones. We are off by ~ 8 hours.

To be honest, I originally wasn't comfortable with this, but Monday and Kiria have changed my mind. The reason I joined the LGT was to meet people. This is a chance for you guys to meet more people.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:06 pm

monday wrote:
EDIT: After talking to some other people, I sort of...changed my mind. I am now against the whole restructuring idea for certain reasons. Maybe if only a few people were moved over, but everyone entirely...that's not as appealing. If some people volunteered to change groups, that would be cool... but tearing certain people apart...is cruel. ^-^ Especially because of personal reasons...

There is a GREAT idea.

Why can't people just volunteer to move? I mean, really.
I hate this idea of random mixing.
You made the groups already, why not let them choose to stay. I'm sure two people in group a wouldn't mind moving.
Same with the issues with C and D

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiria on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Nearco wrote:

The main problem for groups C and D are the time zones. We are off by ~ 8 hours.

It was mentioned somewhere that most of the games, if not all, will be taking place
via the forums. Since games all start at a central time (correct me if I'm wrong)
why would there be a problem with time zones?

I understand that people do not want their alliances torn apart, but this more accurately
resembles the actual game. It's not like you can't ever talk to your old group members,
or help them if you really wished to (strategically), since we will all be partaking in the same game.
Kiria
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : I can sing horribly. Bad enough to rip your soul out of your chest, scoring me a win. This skill is dedicated to Xanatos.

View user profile http://lolho.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glass on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:14 pm

Lol it seems to me people without alliances are fighting to mix things up, while those comfy want things to remain the same. Everyone seems to want to sway things in the way that benefits them. I know you dealers think that this will benefit those who did not make an alliance and make people have to think on their toes, but no one who has posted on this topic is unbiased, they all want to sway it one way or the other.
Glass
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Musketeer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Truth on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Why should people who took the trouble to form alliances in their group, be split up for lazy people who weren't bothered enough to make an alliance, but still want to be included?

This isn't preschool, people who don't have allies shouldn't need to get help from higher authorities to make allies. They should do it themselves.

I don't really mind about the whole group mixing thing, as it does indeed make the game more interesting, but when I read that it was so loner players could get a chance to make friends, I fucking lol'd.
Truth
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Truth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:15 pm

I never said anything about allying with them. I'm actually pushing for a compromise, where alliances won't get restructured as much, but you get to face different people more often.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JigSaw on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Truth wrote:Why should people who took the trouble to form alliances in their group, be split up for lazy people who weren't bothered enough to make an alliance, but still want to be included?

This isn't preschool, people who don't have allies shouldn't need to get help from higher authorities to make allies. They should do it themselves.

I don't really mind about the whole group mixing thing, as it does indeed make the game more interesting, but when I read that it was so loner players could get a chance to make friends, I fucking lol'd.

I Lol'd At him Lol'ng
JigSaw
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:27 pm

OK. New idea to throw in to the mix.

As has been mentioned, the current group sizes are 18, 13, 20, 7. We plan on breaking groups A and C into A1, A2, C1 and C2. Therefore the group sizes are 9, 9, 13, 10, 10, 7. We can then run Revival Round 1 with significantly smaller groups. For round 2, we can combine groups as B+C1, C2+A1, A2+D. The maximum difference between the number of players from a given group would be 3. (13 in B, 10 in C1).

Please note that the combine+resplit isn't off the table. But this method allows players to ally with people from their original group (A1, A2, B, C1, C2, D), and still face off against new people, and possibly make temporary alliances where appropriate.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JigSaw on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Something Tells me your guna purposely split me from my alliance....
JigSaw
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fallen on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:46 pm

I don't think that this mixing up of the groups particularly benefits those without an alliance.
Your previous allies are still your allies, are still able to help you, and are still as distrusting of the other players as they were before.
Thus, a stray player might still be unwelcome.
As groups are mixed up in the real game, I think that it is a good idea.
The point of this game is to have fun overcoming challenges, right?
And also, the point is to even out the groups. Mixing up everyone is a fair way to do this.
Fallen
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : indecisiveness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuki on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:03 am

Hmmm i don't mind, but it would be best that we can reform the previous groups as the group discussions could get leaked...
Tsuki
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : don't know myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Furer Kip on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:38 pm

W/e, it's not much of a big deal anyways, because remember, they might keep randomly switching us for the rest of the rounds. And if so, you'll meet your alliance members every now and then. And if that's the case, being in an alliance is still a great helping hand in this game (though not as great as it being a continual flow). This would only mean people who were in an alliance to form temporary alliances with other people in that round (not a big deal, right? At least I don't think so).

Furer Kip
Banned

Liar Game Skill : Being the most awesome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lespar on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:40 am

I understand the logic behind getting even numbered groups, but constantly shuffling players sounds like a bad idea unless you make the rounds really long. You're really not going to see more interesting action if alliances become useless after every round.

Lespar
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : free cookies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next