Anyone Else Doing The Same Thing As Me?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone Else Doing The Same Thing As Me?

Post  monday on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:01 am

I know I'm going to sound like an idiot, but ah well. (I typed out this post once, but then I pressed the back button and it all went poof. I'm sort of sad, now. I'll try to remember... )

Anyone else marking opponents as 'threats' and 'non-threats' ? Judging by the posts and what I know, I can guess some aspect of the other players. It's addicting, isn't it? To categorize people... It will especially be fun when the 'non-threats' turn out to be stronger than imagined. Before the round or preliminary round begins, I would like to have something to work with. Based off of small, minor, and inconsequential details- I have formed opinions of many players. I'm not the only one, right?

Admit to your insecurity and the fact that other players are threats! Come on, join me in this! It is fun to judge your opponents and help them realize that they are threats to your victory. We can't all be confident, right?

Also; anyone else love the smileys?
monday
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Leader of the Perverts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone Else Doing The Same Thing As Me?

Post  Ice the frosty cat on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 am

I wouldn't say it's a good idea. Already I've run into players that initially seem to be idiots, who turn out to be acting in order to gain information. You just can't judge people by their first impressions...
(by the way, your text isn't very easy to read. That shade of red in that small font on this background makes it a bit hard on the eyes :/)
Ice the frosty cat
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Lateral thinking~

View user profile http://mitadakesaga.webcomic.ws

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:14 am

Not a good idea, but doesn't everyone judge? Even in real life... I agree it isn't intelligent, though. I still do mark people as idiots. Unlike them, I can't act as a complete idiot. I have too much pride, though it has never really helped me.

[I'm sorry. I have this thing against normal fonts, and whenever I'm on a forum I have to do something about it... It's quite inconsiderate of me, I'll adjust the font in another way... I want to keep the color, though. I like it.]
monday
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ice the frosty cat on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 am

It's fine to make judgements, yeah, but I wouldn't suggest you live by them. Be wary and don't let your guard down =P

(That's a little better; it's easier to read)
Ice the frosty cat
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Lateral thinking~

View user profile http://mitadakesaga.webcomic.ws

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurifuji on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:52 am

Yeah, I'm going with Frosty in this.
People always aren't what they seem.
Sometimes the "threats" can actually be pretty stupid actually~

But yeah, I would maybe actually prefer to be "threat",
as it's completly of what I see myself so it would only give me slight advantage.
Kurifuji
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Observation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 am

At this point I believe that they is no player around here who is worthy of being called a threat, what people here are making a mistake is with the threat is that the idiots we've identified are not threat, but people not worth our time to deal with so an alliance with them is way out of the window already at this point.

And monday... THANKS FOR BEING THE FIRST OTHER USER TO ACTUALLY POST A THREAD IN THIS SECTION! Sad
(I thought I was alone on posting threads here)

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAnonyman on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:51 am

fusionblu, is it really a good move to write off players as unworthy of being allies before the game even begins?
TrueAnonyman
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Fanatical attention to detail.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:12 am

TrueAnonyman wrote:fusionblu, is it really a good move to write off players as unworthy of being allies before the game even begins?

Not as such, in realistic terms, it deters my will of wanting to alliance myself with them, not necessarily write them of straight away or anything. So the reality is if players are being idiots it will only lower their chance which being in an alliance with me and also others as well such as Ice and perhaps yourself too.

Last edited by fusionblu on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 am

Thank you for the advice, Ice. I should be more cautious, but I have too much fun being sort of reckless online... I don't think enough.

Well, Markka, I guess people being seen as a threat would have some sort of 'advantage' if only a slight one. It would be fun to be seen that way, but there are downsides too. People are more complex than they seem, but if you look past their front, you may get an understanding of their personality. I know I'm not doing so well at that.

Fusion- The fun part about people who are 'idiots' is that they are easy to manipulate. Some of them are loyal and obey orders, which would make them the perfect minions for an alliance. I know seeing people that way isn't great, but some people in life are just meant to be followers. [Some people may view me that way.] I'd feel safer with idiots in my alliance, because they are less likely to outsmart me and take control. So I guess Anonyman has a bit of a point. I agree with you, too, Fusion- some people I can tell I won't want to ally with. But if I need to, I will. Like a Star @ heaven

By the way, you are welcome. I sort of wanted to make a thread here just for the sake of creating a thread, because yours looked so lonely. Very Happy And this was the first thing I thought of, plus creating threads is actually fun... 'Razz'

monday
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 am

Don't worry about me with idiots, I do put idiots in different categories of idiots such as those who like to dominate and those who just want the best from the game (well there's probably more like sadists that want to mess everything up for their own entertainment); all it is that if I am going to form a team or be a part of one, I want there to be a strong majority of serious, supportive and loyal members and perhaps a few idiots who would certainly be given the chance to prove themselves of who they are (good or bad, etc) and what skills they have.

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:45 am

Serious, supportive, and loyal members... That may be a tad difficult, but if you succeed at categorizing idiots, it won't be too hard. I wonder how hard finding people who will want to be a part of an alliance will be. I found people that could be helpful members of an alliance, but there is the matter of getting them to agree. Of course I'm not sure yet, but I want to have some possible allies. For all I know, other people could have all made alliances.

Though I do realize I am not good with people online. Judging them, if they provide information, I can do. Some people are extremely unhelpful and boring-sounding, hiding most of their information. I see why they would do that, but I don't want those people on my alliance yet until they speak some more... What if everyone that agrees to an alliance with me (probably no one, but whatever) turns out to be a backstabbing traitor? Hmm. At least if they are like that, they will be recognized by everyone as someone who can't be trusted. So being backstabbed could be useful in isolating someone...

I have already seen some people who can be 'categorized' into special types of idiots. It will be great if some turn out to be potentially useful allies, though.
monday
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:59 am

I have to admit, when I said those strong points I wanted, I knew very well that it is going to be difficult to find members like this and being that this is the Liar Game, the chances of getting good players are unlikely and I am fully aware of one can do and what to expect from them too when carring about a betraying motion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Noroibito on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:28 am

I completely agree with your categorization aspect. (idiot, non-idiot) But to label threats this early seems a bit too much, who knows! Those "threats" could prove to be amazing allies. (or idiots! Smile )
Noroibito
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Cooperation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:01 am

Noroibito wrote:I completely agree with your categorization aspect. (idiot, non-idiot) But to label threats this early seems a bit too much, who knows! Those "threats" could prove to be amazing allies. (or idiots! Smile )

I don't really consider the idiots a threat a such, just a liability such as wasting time with arguing, making distractions, being of no help, that sort of thing, of course I don't label them right away, I would give them a chance to show their use. As for threats, well anyone including myself can be (although not me to though, others), so I get you point. The fact is threats will only be found in a game, not here at this current time so that much I understand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurifuji on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 am

But being a "threat" gives actually you an huge advantage.
I mean, if you see someone as a threat, ofcourse that means that he has to be good?
And ofcourse you would want to join to someone good, rather than someone bad?
So being an threat actually gives you allies rather than pushing people away.
Example; In a soccer or something like that, you would rather join someone professional's team rather than some amateurs, right? - More so if there would be an prize.
Kurifuji
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Observation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 am

Markka wrote:But being a "threat" gives actually you an huge advantage.
I mean, if you see someone as a threat, ofcourse that means that he has to be good?
Example; In a soccer or something like that, you would rather join someone professional's team rather than some amateurs, right? - More so if there would be an prize.

Sort of like that, the idea is that you get good performance, but now to mention it there is performance and there's trust; overall you can now are argue it won't help you trust by getting serious people since anyone from high or low can't be trusted. The difference in having an idiot or an serious person in the team would be that a serious person is likely to cause more damage then a idiot, but the serious person would perform better so the idea could be to have a mixture of both; but if worst comes to worst, when a whole team is formed you would find that a great majority of the team would betray each other one way or the other.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:18 am

I think ill just consider everyone a threat until proven otherwise. If you read Liar Game, understand it, and then decide to compete in an online LGT, you can't be that stupid.....right?
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:23 am

I'd also look at everyone as capable until proven otherwise. Unlike a lot of characters in the manga, we're all people who actually use our common sense instead of those who just there to side with/against main characters.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Markka wrote:But being a "threat" gives actually you an huge advantage.

I see so by taking on these apparently bad players who will betray at some point, your actually getting a group of skilled people and they can actually be more skilled than these apparently "good" players who hasn't played with fire like these marked players; am I right? As for loyalty, it's possibly that they can't betray you since you may become an essential partner to them as well, that correct too?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:10 pm

KierreX9 wrote:I'd also look at everyone as capable until proven otherwise. Unlike a lot of characters in the manga, we're all people who actually use our common sense instead of those who just there to side with/against main characters.

So do I, the goal of the game, have fun, enjoy yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Since this is real life and not a manga, I understand that the game will be a lot more complex. We all have personalities deeper than just a 'character' in a story. Everyone has their own talents, even if they aren't seen as 'intelligent'. I'd rather not look at everyone as a complete enemy, which may be stupid, but I think we're going to need allies at some point or other. So there must be some people you can trust, right?
monday
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 pm

monday wrote:Since this is real life and not a manga, I understand that the game will be a lot more complex. We all have personalities deeper than just a 'character' in a story. Everyone has their own talents, even if they aren't seen as 'intelligent'. I'd rather not look at everyone as a complete enemy, which may be stupid, but I think we're going to need allies at some point or other. So there must be some people you can trust, right?

Hopefully (if you back stab them first ^^).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:03 pm

KierreX9 wrote:I'd also look at everyone as capable until proven otherwise. Unlike a lot of characters in the manga, we're all people who actually use our common sense instead of those who just there to side with/against main characters.

And none of us are distracted with the idea of a being indebted if we lost.

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm

If I backstab them first...Hmm, is that your tactic, Fusion? xD

Surfeit- Great point. We are not using actual money. So that gives more room to have fun and be reckless, instead of worrying about going seriously in debt!
monday
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarahteehee3 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 pm

I think that looking at people as threats/non-threats and even idiots/non-idiots (if you will) is ridiculous. I am trying myself not to take part in this action but being human it is in my nature to categorize and judge people. But many of you have brought up good points! This game has real people involved which will make the game more fun and complex, which I am all for, also the lack of debt does let everyone let loose, on the other side though people tend to in competitions even "fake" ones to get well competitive. But that's what this is about right trying are best, its not fun unless everyone gives it their all, if not then why bother playing. That doesn't mean people need to be down each others throats but you know have fun and try. I am looking forward to seeing how real people react to the situation and the others around them it makes this game more exciting. Smile
Sarahteehee3
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : hopefully something

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next