"If I Were the Wolf" Contract

Go down

"If I Were the Wolf" Contract

Post  MonkeyBoy on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:16 pm

If I Were The Wolf
This contract was made on Sunday, July 18, 2010, at 9:17:00PM
-8:00GMT Pacific Time USA/Canada by MonkeyBoy.

The "If I Were The Wolf" contract is a simple contract; one that does not require anyone to exert too much effort or intellectual thinking processes in order to comprehend its terms and conditions. If you are looking for a more outright win and gain in terms of money, which would include more dangers and risks, then I would recommend joining Solarium_King's contract. This statement requires the player to partake on a more neutral, or, at least, passive position during this first Liar Game round.

All obligations, benefits and risks are presented in the following quotes below. If you do not wish to read through the entire two quotes, here is a simple summary:

Each player is required to PM Forli who he or she would kill if the person were the wolf. If the wolf signs this contract, he or she cannot kill MonkeyBoy until the final round. Sarahteehee3 cannot sign this contract. The reward for joining is a beautiful illustration by the creator of this contract and 15 million yen if he wins this round. There are no risks involved.

To sign this contract, copy and paste this message, and send it to Forli by clicking HERE.

*Please note that I literally CAN NOT sign this contract or any other contract, for all other matters, because I have lost the privilege to do so. You can ask Forli, who will verify this.

THE TERMS

• After every "round*," each player must state, in the form of a private message to Forli, who will then PM MonkeyBoy, the following message:

"If I were the Wolf, I would kill [PLAYER]."

In the given sentence, replace the word [PLAYER] with the username of anyone who is currently alive and active in playing. You are not required to provide a reason as to why you wish that person to be killed; it is simply a measure of "If I Were the Wolf."

*round - In the terms of the contract, "round" in this case refers to that of every time a sheep is killed by the wolf.

• This contract is not limited to just the sheep. The wolf may sign the contract under the pretense as a fellow innocent player. However, if this is the case, the wolf will be bound to the restriction that he or she may NOT kill MonkeyBoy until the final "round," when three players are left alive: MonkeyBoy, the wolf, and another sheep (See description of "round" above).

Our beloved LGT Dealer Forli will make sure that the wolf will keep this rule in validation because afterall, this is a contract bounded by what is true.

• Unfortunately, this following condition only applies to the Preliminary round winner. In this case, Sarahteehee3 does not have the permission to sign this contract because we all know that you are not the wolf, so the hypothetical situation of you being the wolf is not applicable for you. I apologize in advance if you were interested in signing this contract.

• After you have copied and pasted this entire contract to LGT Dealer Forli and have gotten his approval of your signature, you are required to let MonkeyBoy know that you have signed the contract, whether in public or through private messaging.

• Even if MonkeyBoy were to be ousted or killed by the wolf, this contract will NOT be invalidated. All the players bound by the contract will be required to continue to let MonkeyBoy know who they wish to kill if they were the wolf.

THE BENEFITS

• If MonkeyBoy comes out as the winner, each person who has signed this contract will gain 15 million yen. That is an additional 5 million yen compared to the benefits promised in the contract of Solarium_King. Even at that, you are granted 10 million yen ONLY if the wolf signs his contract, so there are chances you will gain nothing by signing his contact. All in all, if this works well, your chances of gaining 15 million yen will be higher.

• Hopefully, my artistic sense is to your likings. Each member of this contract will receive a full-body drawing illustrated by MonkeyBoy using his Wacom Intuos3 4x6 tablet, colored in Painter Tool SAI. A complimentary video of the process will be granted at the player's will.

Due to his busy schedule, please allow this user at least three days to fulfill this term.

Last edited by MonkeyBoy on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Sincerity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "If I Were the Wolf" Contract

Post  Forli on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 pm

If anyone is wondering about this contract, yes, it's valid.

I want to change something stupid:

To sign this contract, copy and paste this message, and send it to Forli by clicking HERE.

To sign it, just PM me saying "I agree on the "If I were the wolf" contract" on the subject of the PM. Thanks.
Forli
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Chessboard thinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:43 am

lol are u thinking we're stupid? u don't even have to sign this contract, since u specifically say we must tell u who we think should be killed . furthermore we only get 15 million if YOU WIN . obviously u prepared a partner to kill u or are preparing to sign a contract with a player to get him to kill u for splitting the money for 50 mill each . GO DIE U WOLF.

Solarium King
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Losing bets, even if they are a 50% either way.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 am

Solarium King wrote:lol are u thinking we're stupid? u don't even have to sign this contract, since u specifically say we must tell u who we think should be killed . furthermore we only get 15 million if YOU WIN . obviously u prepared a partner to kill u or are preparing to sign a contract with a player to get him to kill u for splitting the money for 50 mill each . GO DIE U WOLF.

That's not the point of the contract.

The point of the contract are the terms and conditions you have to follow. Moreover, YOUR contract, Solarium, tells people that they'll receive TEN million yen ONLY if the wolf signs it. You think the wolf would sign it if he/she thinks he'll win? Why would the wolf want to give away 100 million yen? The chances of your contract actually working is pretty low.

As I said before, I can't sign a contract because I gave up that privilege. Ask Forli to confirm that. Also, if the wolf was my partner, I wouldn't even be making this thread because I would just help him win anyways. What's the point of trying to sniff out the wolf if he was already my partner?
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 am

MonkeyBoy wrote:
Solarium King wrote:lol are u thinking we're stupid? u don't even have to sign this contract, since u specifically say we must tell u who we think should be killed . furthermore we only get 15 million if YOU WIN . obviously u prepared a partner to kill u or are preparing to sign a contract with a player to get him to kill u for splitting the money for 50 mill each . GO DIE U WOLF.

That's not the point of the contract.

The point of the contract are the terms and conditions you have to follow. Moreover, YOUR contract, Solarium, tells people that they'll receive TEN million yen ONLY if the wolf signs it. You think the wolf would sign it if he/she thinks he'll win? Why would the wolf want to give away 100 million yen? The chances of your contract actually working is pretty low.

As I said before, I can't sign a contract because I gave up that privilege. Ask Forli to confirm that. Also, if the wolf was my partner, I wouldn't even be making this thread because I would just help him win anyways. What's the point of trying to sniff out the wolf if he was already my partner?

yeah i realised the wolf part 10 seconds after posting. however u said u cannot sign another contract doesn't mean u signed THIS contract. and if u didn't sign this contract, we can't take the 15 million. otherwise it'd be plain robbery. That is the only reason ur contract is more appealing than mine.

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:06 am

Forli has said that this contract is valid so I would be subject to giving up 15 million yen per member of the contract. If he has given the approval of verifying the "If I Were the Wolf" contract, that I must meet the terms and conditions of this contract. I just won't be PMing who I would kill if I were the wolf; it's redundant and unnecessary.
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 am

One last point, before we close the page: this contract states you are highly likely you are a wolf. Not to mention, you are going for a 100 million prize, a much better cut than the earlier contract I mentioned. Your contract works best if there are an odd amount of people in the first round, and an even amount of players then next round. I will show you case studies of how this happens.

You chose a weird phrase to find the wolf. Either that or you just thought up a phrase. The phrase "If I am the wolf, I will kill 'Player X'" is much more apt to fit our situation than "If I was the wolf, I would kill 'Player X'". Namely, because the first scenario suggests the wolf cannot lie about who he would kill; it is a factual condition. From there, you erase any lies that the wolf might say. The second, however, suggests if the wolf was a wolf, he would chose this player to kill, not that he would kill that player. It is possible to lie on that. I do not see a need to go needlessly picking your way through lies, if such a scenario I have shown is available. From a wolf's view, you are simply asking for a person to kill.

Currently, there are 10 players remaining; however, only 9 can sign your contract. This is a necessary fact. Let us presume you are a sheep:

You have set up this plan, unaware of the flaw. After the round has ended, you look at who voted for who to kill; you are essentially deducing who voted for who to be killed. If the person received 1 vote, you are left in a dilemma as to whether that was coincidence or correct choice. You reveal the results of the voting, but the dilemma lies in doubting this player; why? Because the only way people will want to have partaken in your contract is the free 15 million they can mooch off what you did. 15 million, for just sending you messages. If you die, all your results will be distorted, since the contract revels on you winning so deeply. You therefore cannot do anything, hoping that the next person to be killed is not the suspect.

Your list of suspects from Part 2 of Round 1 drops from 8 to 7. 14.5% chance of picking correctly; that's why you reveal the results. You pick people in the list of people that voted for that person and you show their names to the public, hoping to cut down even more.

8, rather than 7, drops to 5 (someone killing himself and the person, and the wolf killing someone) if someone is unstable enough. 20%.

The next round has 5 people remaining, and you are left in a hopeless situation of being surrounded by lies, by some pointless contract that will get you killed for all the crap you've installed. Everyone will be afraid to doubt until the last round, in which the sheep might get lucky to win.

The next scenario is as you of a wolf:

You are 100% sure of the flaw in this contract. Why are you asking for this poll, some might say? Easy, to chose your next victim.

A majority is drawn by a 2 or 3 people voting for a single person to kill. It is a low chance of being a 1 on everyone in a poll. It is quite simple what happens; if there are three people, who voted for a certain option, you simply kill the person they voted for, and reveal the voting. You wouldn't even have to say 'these people voted for so and so'. It becomes delicately obvious about those who voted; they are the highest chance of being suspected. And so, they are doubted, since they voted in the majority category.

7 people die in both rounds' end and beginning. 2 remain.

This is a very obvious situation; vote for anyone not Monkey, yourself, or Sarah. The last remaining person. Obviously, Sarah will not be able to have a sure doubt, since there are 2 suspects that remain that are unknown. In fact, she won't doubt at all. The other two will doubt each other, and the round will end, with you and Sarah winning Round 1, and you being the only one in Group B to end up with 100 million yen that is now in Round 2.

I have a method of testing my guess, and I welcome you to try it out if you wish.

"Forli has said that this contract is valid so I would be subject to giving up 15 million yen per member of the contract. "

Not possible, since that would be the same as plain robbery, as I said before. Even if the contract is valid, this statement is not possible. In fact, I'll share it with everyone on the Doubt Game itself.

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dabestplayer on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:53 am

is the coubt game round one? because I missed it :p. If it is, how do I know if im a wolf or sheep?

dabestplayer
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Thinking at a deep level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 am

Okay, he's not a wolf...

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dabestplayer on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 am

RIght, so Solarium King, would you be kind enough to help? Smile. Is this round one? I sign up for it but was busy on the 17th. How do I know if im wolf or sheep if this is the first round? Judging by what u said "hes not the wolf" means im in the game correct? Anyone can provide some assistance?

dabestplayer
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Thinking at a deep level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm

dabestplayer wrote:RIght, so Solarium King, would you be kind enough to help? Smile. Is this round one? I sign up for it but was busy on the 17th. How do I know if im wolf or sheep if this is the first round? Judging by what u said "hes not the wolf" means im in the game correct? Anyone can provide some assistance?

Did you receive a message that you are a wolf? If you received no such message, you are a sheep.

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Takashi42 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Are you really 14 Solarium? XD. Well, anyway it doesn't matter, this is the Liar Game. I just wanted to say something.

Solarium King wrote:
You chose a weird phrase to find the wolf. Either that or you just thought up a phrase. The phrase "If I am the wolf, I will kill 'Player X'" is much more apt to fit our situation than "If I was the wolf, I would kill 'Player X'". Namely, because the first scenario suggests the wolf cannot lie about who he would kill; it is a factual condition. From there, you erase any lies that the wolf might say. The second, however, suggests if the wolf was a wolf, he would chose this player to kill, not that he would kill that player. It is possible to lie on that. I do not see a need to go needlessly picking your way through lies, if such a scenario I have shown is available. From a wolf's view, you are simply asking for a person to kill.

You rely on the fact that if a wolf says "If I am the wolf, I will kill 'Player X'" then he will kill it. However, I don't need to remind you again that this is the Liar Game, so both statements are equally useless. Maybe I have misread it, but just in case.
The rest of your post is well thought... I think.

Takashi42
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Persuasion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Takashi42 wrote:Are you really 14 Solarium? XD. Well, anyway it doesn't matter, this is the Liar Game. I just wanted to say something.

Solarium King wrote:

You rely on the fact that if a wolf says "If I am the wolf, I will kill 'Player X'" then he will kill it. However, I don't need to remind you again that this is the Liar Game, so both statements are equally useless. Maybe I have misread it, but just in case.
The rest of your post is well thought... I think.

No, since it is a factual condition, and this is a contract signing agreement which, if broken, leads to disqualification, this statement is more useful. I take it you've not been playing with contracts?

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Takashi42 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Well, I haven't played at all. This first round is the first time I will be playing. Razz Well nice advice then, thanks.

-Edit:
I have been reading the details for the contracts. And I managed to figure out some stuff (I don't know if its right though). So, the contract only tells you to PM LGT Officer Forli the name of the player you would kill, it doesn't compel you to PM a 'true' statement. From what I've read on the contract, the only restriction is that, if you're the wolf and you sign the contract, then you kill MonkeyBoy before the final round, only then would you get the metaphorical b&hammer. (Also, if the wolf signed that contract, he would basically doom himself, because as he cannot kill MonkeyBoy until the last round, and since the killings take place at the end of the round, MonkeyBoy would kill the wolf first).

So, in short, the only way to get dq'ed is to be the wolf, sign the contract, and then kill MonkeyBoy before the final round. Any LGT officer that could confirm this please?

Last edited by Takashi42 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarifying stuff)

Takashi42
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Persuasion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down