Round one: Doubt game

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Round one: Doubt game

Post  Forli on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Hello, players. I welcome you to the first round of the Liar Game Tournament. The game we will be playing is... Doubt game.

The rules are simple:

Introduction

Players are sheep. But amongst the sheep, there are hidden wolves, disguised as sheep. Wolves act as if they were sheep: they camouflage in the herd and secretly conspire. But the sheep know about the wolves... they know that (amount) of them are actually cold blooded wolves. And wolves like that. They want to kill the sheep, one by one, and let them doubt their fellow sheep. And maybe... let them kill each other and then feed from their dead bodies.

Basic gameplay

As it was stated before, most of the players are sheep. There are some players who will be wolves (between 1 and 3, depending on the total amount of players). The game shall consist on several rounds, each of them lasting exactly 24 hours.
Sheep and wolves have different objectives for achieving victory:
Wolves’ objective is to simply kill every single sheep. When a round ends, each wolf gets to kill a sheep of his choice. The killed sheep will be eliminated from the game. I.E., if there are three wolves, each round three sheep will be killed. Wolves know each other and they will work together for slaying the sheep from the shadows.
Sheep objective is to uncover the wolves. To do so, sheep will have a single and deadly tool: Doubt.
How does Doubt work? It’s really easy. Whenever a sheep suspects that a fellow sheep is actually a hidden wolf, he can call Doubt on him. If the sheep was right and his Doubt target was indeed a disguised wolf, the sheep will win 100 million yen. The uncovered wolf will be killed and left out of the game.
But... if a sheep calls Doubt on an innocent sheep, the wolf will kill it. And not only that... the doubting sheep will be killed and left out of the game as well.
If the wolves win the match, every living wolf will proceed to the next round. Uncovered wolves do not win even if the wolf faction wins.
If the sheep win the match, the sheep with most yen will advance to the next round. If there’s a tie, every tied sheep advances to the next round.

Sheperd

The sheep will also have a public guardian figure: the sheperd. This will be the most powerful sheep of all. The sheperd can’t be a wolf. For him to be killed, two wolves’ attacks are required. The sheperd can’t be attacked on the first round.
The sheperd will be the preliminary round winner.

Extra rules and formalities

- Yen transactions are not allowed.
- Every player has only one contract.
- Wolves obviously can’t use Doubt.
- When a sheep uses Doubt against another player, he must do so like the following:
“Player A doubts Player B”.
- Wolves must PM their round officer saying which sheep they wish to kill. If a wolf does not do so, a sheep will be killed randomly. If a sheep wants to call Doubt on someone, he must do it in the game thread.
- If two sheep doubt on the same player, the first one in doing so will be the valid one. The other doubt call will be nullified. If two wolves try to kill the same sheep, they will be asked for a kill change. If none of them is online at the moment, a sheep will be killed randomly.

Players list:
-Sarahteehee3
-Solarium_King
-L.iar
-Dabestplayer
-lovedaisy
-Takashi42
-Zakkair
-Cryselda
-The ?
-Akiyama_Shinichi
-Yume
-MonkeyBoy
-Lunaire

SarahTeeHee will be the sheperd of this rounds, as she is the current preliminary round winner.

The first day of this game will be a PRACTICE AND STRATEGY DAY..

The wolf is yet not decided. As we are only 11 players, only one wolf will be amongst you. When the first day ends, the wolf will get a PM and the game will start.

Until then, good game, players!

Last edited by Forli on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Forli
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Chessboard thinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round one: Doubt game

Post  Forli on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:09 am

As decided in the public chat, a modifications on the rule is made:

Wolves won't know about each other until one actually tries to kill the other one. When that happens, both wolves will be informed of the other wolf's identity.

Also, players will be informed if this happens. In that round, only one sheep will die (Unless that both wolves try to kill each other on the same round, in which case no sheep would die).
Forli
Ex-Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Forli on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 am

As decided in the public chat, a modifications on the rule is made:

Wolves won't know about each other until one actually tries to kill the other one. When that happens, both wolves will be informed of the other wolf's identity.

Also, players will be informed if this happens. In that round, only one sheep will die (Unless that both wolves try to kill each other on the same round, in which case no sheep would die).
Forli
Ex-Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm

But there is only one wolf, so meeting each other is impossible?

Solarium King
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Losing bets, even if they are a 50% either way.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L.iar on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Is it possible to take back a doubt after you've already posted it, so long as the round isn't over yet?

L.iar
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Logic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Forli on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:33 pm

But there is only one wolf, so meeting each other is impossible?

Yes, of course. I just posted this in every group.

Is it possible to take back a doubt after you've already posted it, so long as the round isn't over yet?

No, it's not. Once you doubt, you can't take it back. Don't forget that Doubting works inmediatly, not when the round ends.
Forli
Ex-Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Forli on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:03 pm

The wolf is amongst you, players. He has already been notified. If you didn't get a PM, you are a sheep. You must find him in order to grant your survival.

The game starts... now. The round will continue until midnight of Sunday leading to Monday (GMT -4).

Good luck, Sheep.
And remember, players... The Liar Must Die.

Edit:
As a side note, the minigame prize has changed, as information was leaked. The minigame winner can be a wolf now.
Forli
Ex-Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L.iar on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:34 am

FORLI WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I WANT TO LIVE affraid

L.iar
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryselda on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:40 am

L.iar wrote:FORLI WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I WANT TO LIVE affraid

LOL! hahah thats great.
Cryselda
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : ...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Alliance

Post  L.iar on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Looking for allies in round one.
If you're interested, PM me.

L.iar
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 pm

We can make a contract for being a sheep; anyone want to do that?

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L.iar on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Solarium King wrote:We can make a contract for being a sheep; anyone want to do that?

Tell us more.

L.iar
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:43 pm

About the contract? Everyone who signed it would be a sheep; we'd have a condition, that if a wolf signed it, the 100 million the wolf had would be split amongst the sheep, regardless of whether we found out or not.

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Solarium King wrote:About the contract? Everyone who signed it would be a sheep; we'd have a condition, that if a wolf signed it, the 100 million the wolf had would be split amongst the sheep, regardless of whether we found out or not.

I must say, that is a pretty hefty deal.
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Sincerity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:
Solarium King wrote:About the contract? Everyone who signed it would be a sheep; we'd have a condition, that if a wolf signed it, the 100 million the wolf had would be split amongst the sheep, regardless of whether we found out or not.

I agree. We'd get 10 million at the least, if every sheep joined.

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryselda on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:22 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:

it sounds like a good deal... but... im not sure it would work... i mean... we cant all win. it says in the rules that only up to three sheep can win right?

.... or did i read that wrong....? o_O
Cryselda
Final Round Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:23 pm

But you could always split the money, can you not?
I'm supposing that the winner would advance to the next round, but what he/she does with the winning money is up to the player.
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Cryselda wrote:
MonkeyBoy wrote:

it sounds like a good deal... but... im not sure it would work... i mean... we cant all win. it says in the rules that only up to three sheep can win right?

.... or did i read that wrong....? o_O

You read that wrong, it says if there are 3 wolves, then 3 sheep are killed every round.

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:35 pm

This is the contract I've made up:

Public Contract Against Wolves (PCAW)

The following contract pertains to all players, in the game of ‘Doubt’, set up by Forli, LGT Round Officer.

(All ‘sheep’ (as the players who are sheep will be classified as of now as) are allowed to partake in this contract.)

What this contract states:

All of those people who have signed this contract agree that they are a sheep. If they are a wolf, condition 7 will be placed upon them.

The Conditions of signing this contract:

1. You may discuss that you are a sheep. The Wolf is allowed to kill players that are sheep, and will do so, whether he has a pre-determined target, or simply the random draw amongst the sheep. However, I suggest it is better to avoid pre determined targets.

2. By signing this contract, you agree to let Solarium King see all of your names. This is simply to avoid confusion for myself, because I have a short memory.

3. By signing this contract, you agree not to ask any LGT Officers who signed this contract. This is entirely confidential about those who are in this contract, so that a wolf may not decide who amongst us has signed this contract, and then kill that person, effectively destroying this whole group. The only exception is Solarium King.

4. You may discuss if you have signed this contract with other players. No player will be subject to being harassed by you continually though, if you and/or they have signed this contract.

5. The dealer you send for signing this contract to must be Forli.

6. If you are a wolf and sign this contract, you agree to share all 100 million you’ve gained, to give to us, which will be split equally.

7. If you discuss this contract with another sheep, you allow yourself to be eliminated from the Round. Precautionary tool, just in case some guy is allied with the wolf, and has made a contract or something with the wolf.

END

Last edited by Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryselda on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:36 pm

....?

are u guys sure? where is forli?

Last edited by Cryselda on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cryselda
Final Round Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:39 pm

@Solarium: What do you mean by condition #2? We let you see all of our names?
Also, isn't this kind of pointless if the wolf doesn't sign the contract? Even if he did, it might be under the pretense that he's a "sheep."

@Crys: Forli is on the chat.
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryselda on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:41 pm

ok..
Cryselda
Final Round Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:43 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:@Solarium: What do you mean by condition #2? We let you see all of our names?
Also, isn't this kind of pointless if the wolf doesn't sign the contract? Even if he did, it might be under the pretense that he's a "sheep."

@Crys: Forli is on the chat.

By Condition 2, I mean I dunno if I can see the people who've signed this or not. You can just PM me or something, it's not a big deal. I just want to make sure I can converse with people who are sheep, rather than get myself killed by a wolf.

Also, the wolf cannot join this, because that's the IDEA of this. We are eliminating people who are sheep, and finding the lone wolf. Hell, I'll even get myself eliminated from this round, and SHOW you the list of every sheep here. But I can't do that, unless everyone signs this contract.

Besides, I have to say we are going to split the wolf's money equally, since if I don't, that condition doesn't exist, and therefore there is no point. Also, the wolf cannot pretend to be a sheep, since the contract state that if the wolf joins, he loses 100 million and then it is equally divided amongst us. Therefore, if he joins under the assumption of a sheep, he is still a wolf, and everyone who joined this contract gains a heap load of money.

Last edited by Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:45 pm

But you just said that if the wolf signs the contract, he has to split up the 100 million yen winnings.
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:48 pm

I have to say we are going to split the wolf's money equally, since if I don't, that condition doesn't exist, and therefore there is no point to this contract even existing. Also, the wolf cannot pretend to be a sheep, since the contract state that if the wolf joins, he loses 100 million and then it is equally divided amongst us. Therefore, if he joins under the assumption of a sheep, he is still a wolf, and everyone who joined this contract gains a heap load of money.

I'm in it to win, not just to make money.

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next