An Apology

Go down

An Apology

Post  Nearco on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:00 pm

As several players already know, I was recruited as a dealer to allow for Group C. There are still several dealers we have not hired, but there was none suitable for the time zones. As a result, I offered my services. At the time, I was a player, specifically Nepence. There was a period where I was both a player and a dealer, but two conditions were placed.

1) I would not be informed of the games until they began. Games for Group A would be held before games before Group C, so that I would be at an equal disadvantage to everyone else.

2) I was to turn away people trying to discuss with me anything that I should not know. Rules questions were fine, information regarding alliances and the like were not.

I followed both of these rules. As a result, I was not aware of the shambles that the preliminary game was until it was too late. After the initial run, I deleted my player account, and have only served the role of Dealer.

As many of you know, dealers also being players is problematic, however I believe I have done what I can to keep the problems minimal. I did not push people for information, and noone approached me. However, we did not attempt to make this information public.

After a few incidents, and the occurences yesterday, I have decided to make this information public. If anyone has any concerns, they may PM Leronira or myself. If required, I will remove myself from the LG.
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Apology

Post  BadPlayer on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Nuuuuuu, you can't leave, you're the math guy! ;-;

(I'm gonna say that as far as I know, you have not been in any shenanigans, so there's no reason for me to believe that you should not be allowed to be a dealer Very Happy Plus, even if you were a dealer and player in the past, as long as you haven't made a second player account or subbed for anyone or anything, then I don't think there's really any problem)
BadPlayer
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Wouldn't you like to know~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:56 pm

The only thing you should complain to Leronira about is giving me back my 207 posts when I was Surfeit.

Solarium King
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Losing bets, even if they are a 50% either way.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Solarium King wrote:The only thing you should complain to Leronira about is giving me back my 207 posts when I was Surfeit.

LOL

@Nearco I would say you are okay since you did not pull any extremes like with Solario who was playing and being a dealer at the sametime. I did find it funny on how you were caught out, but that is not a problem since you have deleted your player account and that it seems that you no longer have any intentions of playing ^^

Still best of luck and also, there shouldn't be any reason to quit your position since you did not cheat the game at all and stuck by it and followed it through as it should have.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 am

no problems here, u were a good dealer for our prelim, very efficient Smile
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stavros XIII on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:12 am

I'm fine with it because you are a very entertaining dealer and now I like you in a non-gay way.

EDIT: That came out weird... don't worry Nearco, I never liked you in a gay way.

Last edited by Stavros XIII on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stavros XIII
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Psychological Warfare experience.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks guys.

BadPlayer: I wish to work with Forli to ensure the games are realistically sound, and that there is no auto-win option. And I shall most likely end up having to do maths for Leronira, and possibly Alsab. Things like scoring...

Solarbeam: Not much I can do on that one. Please don't spam the boards to correct it.

Fusionblu: I managed to lie efficiently. My problems were technological in nature. To be honest, I believe I have gained some level of confidence in my abilities from being a dealer, moreso than being a player. If Solario reads this, he will know what I mean.

Xanatos: There are two things I want to gain as a dealer. One is to find out the story as to how people won, or where planning to win. This has been provided by other players quite well. The other is to know that I have run a good game. Thanks.

Stavros: Same as xanatos, but I have to question the fact that you like me in a non-gay way now... Did you like me in a gay way before now?
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 am

Nearco wrote:And I shall most likely end up having to do maths for Leronira, and possibly Alsab. Things like scoring...

I took AP Calculus, I have an IQ of over 140, and I could make your brain explode inside your skull with my mad l33t hacker skillz.
I am sure-as-hell not going to be doing addition/subtraction, Nearco, thank you for being our math-slave-dealer.
+1
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:00 pm

@Nearco Thank you for you reply ^^, it was clear that you did lie at first to cover yourself, but it was understandable, I'm mainly posting to compliment your reply to Solarium ^^ (LOL)

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Alsab wrote:I have an IQ of over 140

Where did you take the test?

Whenever I try to take an IQ test, the website tells me I have to pay.
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Sincerity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BadPlayer on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Nearco wrote:BadPlayer: I wish to work with Forli to ensure the games are realistically sound, and that there is no auto-win option. And I shall most likely end up having to do maths for Leronira, and possibly Alsab. Things like scoring...
Well, I think it's fine if there's an auto-win option, as long as the auto-win option is available to everyone. (Ex. Making the team in Round 2 was basically an auto-win, but anybody could've used that strategy (provided they had enough people (...I'd just like to ask that "lolz get everyone to pool money!! Very Happy" isn't basically an auto-win =\)))

@Alsab: AP calc is for newbs. Everyone knows discrete math is where it's at.
BadPlayer
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Wouldn't you like to know~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Alsab wrote:I took AP Calculus, I have an IQ of over 140

You're 27, you're sure as hell do not have a 140 IQ XD

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:18 pm

If you are stupid enough to take an IQ test off the internet from a nonlegit source then of course they will make you pay, even the legit ones do that too, but there are free ones.
AP Calc wasn't my favorite subject, but it was a subject I had to take that year.
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Alsab wrote:If you are stupid enough to take an IQ test off the internet from a nonlegit source then of course they will make you pay, even the legit ones do that too, but there are free ones.
AP Calc wasn't my favorite subject, but it was a subject I had to take that year.

Where?
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:27 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:
Where?

At my high school, the teacher wasn't too bad but she was weird~
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:30 pm

Awe, fml.

I have always wanted to know what my IQ score was. ):
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stavros XIII on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:10 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:Awe, fml.

my IQ was 180. That's averaged over several sites.
Stavros XIII
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Which sites!? Tell me!
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solarium King on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Stavros XIII wrote:

Nice try buddy, the computer assumes you were just randomly guessing if you go too fast and get too many questions correct, and it gives you an extremely low score (my sister tried going too fast also and got the questions correct and got a score of ~13). The most realistic IQ grade you can get it is ~160. Your IQ is probably around 130 or something.

It would be a different problem if you had bought an IQ test that isn't run online.

Solarium King
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stavros XIII on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Solarium King wrote:
Stavros XIII wrote:

Nice try buddy, the computer assumes you were just randomly guessing if you go too fast and get too many questions correct, and it gives you an extremely low score (my sister tried going too fast also and got the questions correct and got a score of ~13). The most realistic IQ grade you can get it is ~160. Your IQ is probably around 130 or something.

It would be a different problem if you had bought an IQ test that isn't run online.

As I said, it's averaged over several sights. Not all IQ tests online use the same format, so...
Stavros XIII
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Stavros XIII wrote:
Solarium King wrote:
Stavros XIII wrote:

As I said, it's averaged over several sights. Not all IQ tests online use the same format, so...

haha 180 is mensa level Razz yeah id only ever trust a written test or an online mensa approved test. most online IQ tests are cheap pattern solvers that give out ur IQ in intervals (3/10=80, 7/10=125 etc etc).
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down