PRELIMINARY ROUND Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: PRELIMINARY ROUND Discussion

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Next round is today, same time. Strategy's can be fixed, we all know how to play the game now; there was too much confusion.

Sed, get over it, they assumed people had created a strategy in the first 30 minutes, if they hadn't done so earlier (although, I think it would've been best if we had no idea what the game was, with all those hints it was very out of place and people made strategies from there, and I don't think anyone saw a connection for a potato to a 100 yen coin (besides maybe that a potato could be worth that much)). It would've been best to prolong it to 2 hours for each round, or even do each round in consecutive days. Anyways, they have Round 1 better prepared for this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Sed, you could have just kept that strategy and used it later... Also, it was pretty obvious that he was your ally. It would be dumb to pass all of your Yen to an enemy, dude.

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:24 pm

surfeit King wrote:CREEEEEPER.

That was seriously my favorite post in this thread... xD
Anyways, SedR0, that was nice of you to share your information and relieve us of our confusion. ^^
I'm still worrying about how this whole thing will turn out. If we continue the preliminaries, I bet people will still be confused and take 30 minutes to ask questions again...
Well' I guess we'll just find out then. ^^
monday
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Leader of the Perverts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Probably not, yesterday was only a practice round, so today we won't have questions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Agree_to_Disagree2 wrote:Sed, you could have just kept that strategy and used it later... Also, it was pretty obvious that he was your ally. It would be dumb to pass all of your Yen to an enemy, dude.

Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Personally, I think the game is just flawed now since a person can just easily lose the next round since all it takes is getting two potatoes and then one more in the next round would eliminate you; if it was four four potatoes a person would actually have a chance in reaching Round 3 or maybe Round 4, but since this is the case they might as well forget Round 4 since the chances are that the last man standing (if that is the case) would be done my Round 3 unless of course there is a pure pass group which really isn't the case (only for a few members).

From what I can see, this is more of a potato elimination game than the yen you get which is only a bonus that better's you chances if you not the last one remaining since you or others failed to play against them properly to eliminate them. Here is is a bit of advise for those who want to make the most yen possible, while you want to gain from other's yen you really want to gain from your own if it's really a lot, here is an example which shows this demonstrated for a given scenario:

Player 1 goes all in and put their only remaining 2500Yen in Bag A.

Through all passed rounds the yen each player gets is 8750 (Bag A: 2500x5 + Bag B: 2500x2 /2) from which is half of each bag (they both don't get any potatoes at this point)

Player 2 Originally only having having the standard 5000, he now has 13750 (from Player 1's turn) which gives him the chance of either going all-in with a grand amount or choosing a lower custom amount of their choice. Here we will suppose he goes all in too.

Through the purely passed rounds each player now gets 48125 yen (Bag A: 13750x5 + Bag B: 13750x2 /2).

Here is the balance for each player now:

Player 1: 8750 + 48125 = 56875 Yen
Player 2: 48125 Yen

While you have argue that Player 1 has more yen and this would disadvantage Player 2, this can be seen differently if you consider the potatoes of each player so either one of them both have potatoes (most likely both have potatoes unless player two's opponent was disqualified so a late reply). Also if Player 2 was to betray Player 1 and take off with the most yen, they would only get 55000 (13750x4) since additional multiplications is only applied to passes which is a grand total, but is it worth the trouble in causing distrust? It is less that what Player 1 could have obtained, but you would have to find out how good this is for yourself if you face such a similar scenario.

From this we learn that the second player can produce the most Yen if the first player on the first turn went and purely passed, but if both did purely past, then Player 1 can make the most in total; and of course if player 2 was to betray, they would end up with the most Yen, but that wouldn't necessarily make them secure so there is no telling to how things can turn out. In all, from this I think you would probably see how this can be changed around if only custom amounts are added, but this should help.

Since I see pure passing (more difficult with trust, but produces better results) as a better system, I will be using that rather than shafting, but of course I would take precaution so don't be surprise, long, but I hope it actually helps someone make their mind up properly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:28 pm

surfeit King wrote:Probably not, yesterday was only a practice round, so today we won't have questions.

So wait, that wasn't the actual preliminary round yesterday, just practice with the moves that was played from various people (including myself)?

Back to top Go down

Post  Arutica on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:28 am

fusionblu wrote:Player 2 Originally only having having the standard 5000, he now has 13750 (from Player 1's turn) which gives him the chance of either going all-in with a grand amount or choosing a lower custom amount of their choice. Here we will suppose he goes all in too.

Well, I recall a dealer saying that the max bet is always 5000, so that wouldn't work.

Arutica
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Wits and perfectionism.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAnonyman on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:51 am

So... the preliminaries are happening again? When? Are the times the same as before? Sorry about all the questions, but the dealers don't seem to have made any clear statements on this. It's all a little confusing.
TrueAnonyman
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Fanatical attention to detail.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thiefhanded on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 am

TrueAnonyman wrote:So... the preliminaries are happening again? When? Are the times the same as before? Sorry about all the questions, but the dealers don't seem to have made any clear statements on this. It's all a little confusing.

its in the Liar game tournament section.
thiefhanded
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : To hide yourself well is sometimes more mysterious than darkness.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:43 am

im still looking for some trick to the game but i cant find any Sad
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thiefhanded on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 am

Xanatos wrote:im still looking for some trick to the game but i cant find any Sad

there are no tricks, just play in style. Very Happy
thiefhanded
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : To hide yourself well is sometimes more mysterious than darkness.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Arutica wrote:
fusionblu wrote:Player 2 Originally only having having the standard 5000, he now has 13750 (from Player 1's turn) which gives him the chance of either going all-in with a grand amount or choosing a lower custom amount of their choice. Here we will suppose he goes all in too.

Well, I recall a dealer saying that the max bet is always 5000, so that wouldn't work.

For real, there's a limit? I never heard them mention that before; they should really be more clear about the rules too since I'm not too sure how many yen is put in Bag B whether it was the original amount put in Bag A by turn 4 (x1 for turn 4, x2 for turn 5 if pass is called, however turn five is the last one so then each player would get half of each bag and no potato) or if theres a maximum of 300 yen or something.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:29 pm

TrueAnonyman wrote:So... the preliminaries are happening again? When? Are the times the same as before? Sorry about all the questions, but the dealers don't seem to have made any clear statements on this. It's all a little confusing.

Here's a link:
http://liar-game.forum-motion.com/news-f8/preliminary-game-information-updated-please-read-t131.htm

I think the timings are even worst to the point I can't attend at all, I really can't mess up my hours for this game this time around since I have work on Wednesdays (and Fridays).

The time is around 9 - 10 hours ahead of my time so 7:00PM to me is 4 - 5 AM the next day for me in the UK who have the GMT timezone (there is no - or +, we are just neutral). Since I like to play in the evening, this game with me is not happening at all so sorry to the team mates in my group who would need me for that day.

Unless the hours and dates are better, I will not be playing or reconsidering, that would be my final decision.

EDIT: I think I made a mistake in calculations, the 7:00PM (GMT +10) on Tuesday is a time which is 9 - 10 hours ahead (most likely 10) of the standard GMT. From my newly looked at calculations the new timing of the game would be 9:00AM (if 10 hours ahead) or 10:00AM (if 9 hours ahead) on Tuesday for Group C UK players which I must say is very good if this is correct (and also if the game times are not changed too).

If this is the case I will stay and be playing this game tommorow ^^ so I hope my other team mates will be there too ^^

Last edited by fusionblu on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:34 pm

@Xanatos & thiefhanded There is no trick other than cooperating and finding out more to the rules of the game which wasn't layed out so well with all the changes and all included. The best method for players to use is the pure passing, but even this is flawed since there's the issue of trust and you don't know who you would be teamed with too so not making an alliance with a certain individual can cost you greatly if you're not careful.

Back to top Go down

Where what how?

Post  Wingy on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Where exactly on the website did the Pre Round took place? I'm struggling with directions here...

Wingy
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Thinking ability

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Wingy wrote:Where exactly on the website did the Pre Round took place? I'm struggling with directions here...

It was here, but this won't be used anymore due to the issues this forum has had with it with the hacking and all:
http://xat.com/LiarGame

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2