PRELIMINARY ROUND Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PRELIMINARY ROUND Discussion

Post  Ravenwind on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:14 pm

This is a topic to discuss what actually happened in the round today.

I'll start with this, was I really tricked when markaa bet 3750 and then immediately ended the round?

I mean, I couldn't really react to that move, and I feel that no matter the size of the bet, he would have still made that move.

I also believe that the two players right after me made a huge mistake as well, first betting max limit, and then the second time passing.

Spoiler:
Ravenwind
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Survivor Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PRELIMINARY ROUND Discussion

Post  BadPlayer on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Yes, immediately ending will keep your money and automatically give your opponent a potato, without giving them a chance to give you one.

Do you happen to mean me by "those two players"? I am the one who is out. I made a... slight (xD) miscalculation, but at least it's just the prelim. Plus I don't need to show up on Monday. Aaaand I learned whom I can't trust, which could be the most helpful information of all in the rounds to come.

Lastly... what's with that empty spoiler tag? o.O
BadPlayer
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Wouldn't you like to know~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Well, now we have a player in Group A who has 5000¥ in net win totals, unless someone does something like that on Monday, I highly doubt someone will beat SeDrO.

BadPlayer, you either did a suicide for him to have a big chance to win, or you really were stupid enough to believe that idiot, I think it is the former.
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:57 pm

BadPlayer, your name didn't lie... No, I'm kidding dude. My concern is also with Sedr0 who ended up with double what he started. He also doesn't have potatos at all, so can't go down that way. This would be fine if the number of games wasn't changed.

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:05 pm

It was interesting to observe. I think the fun part was learning who actually allied together, judging by the posts... And I learned a bit about each player. ^^

By the way, Badplayer, why did you bet all of that and pass? I am mostly sure that you aren't stupid enough to believe that you would win that way. Like L said, suicide. I guess Sedro is lucky to have such dedicated and trusting teammates, if that is the case. Very Happy I am sort of jealous, fufufufu. He has the game in the bag, it seems, unless there are other completely trusting teammates...
monday
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Leader of the Perverts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BadPlayer on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 pm

L wrote:BadPlayer, you either did a suicide for him to have a big chance to win, or you really were stupid enough to believe that idiot, I think it is the former.
Aww... I will say that I'm flattered that you think of me that way. (And I'm sad to not live up to people's expectations...)

monday wrote:By the way, Badplayer, why did you bet all of that and pass? I am mostly sure that you aren't stupid enough to believe that you would win that way. Like L said, suicide. I guess Sedro is lucky to have such dedicated and trusting teammates, if that is the case. Very Happy I am sort of jealous, fufufufu. He has the game in the bag, it seems, unless there are other completely trusting teammates...
[/color]
I did not commit suicide; SeDr0 killed me. I thought the outcome was going to be very different.

Someone, please think of a way to take this game out of SeDr0's bag; I'd like some vengeance Twisted Evil

Although I will say I love how everyone is over-interpretting somethings so simple xD I suppose a good chunk of the fun of the Liar Game is watching other people play, and not just playing yourself.
BadPlayer
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Simple, someone else has to suicide for their opponent to win, but not many people are that trusting, I might be able to beat him, but I just hope my partner is willing to help me.
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Vengeance... I would, if I had an opponent that would suicide for me. xD Without that, you can't beat Sedro. He has too much money at the moment...

And people aren't really over-interpreting. It's the sort of obvious conclusions. Most people only bet a little, and you bet all your money, thus leading people to conclude simple things. ^^ Confusing game, though. -.- I'm slow-minded, haha.
monday
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Well, the people who haven't played yet don't know if they will be going against the same person they were told, Leroy might switch it up on us.
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BadPlayer on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:29 pm

monday wrote:And people aren't really over-interpreting. It's the sort of obvious conclusions. Most people only bet a little, and you bet all your money, thus leading people to conclude simple things. ^^ Confusing game, though. -.- I'm slow-minded, haha.
Hm, I suppose. I can't stop people from thinking what they think. I tried a different strategy than most people and failed. So be it; this was the prelim, so it was the time and place to try a risky plan, and fail.
BadPlayer
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:31 pm

They might be restarting all groups. The game might be out of Sedr0's bag afterall.

Back to top Go down

Post  monday on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Yeah. Apparently they may restart completely. So, basically what we all did was possibly win some knowledge and enemies. Great, right? ^^ I hope they switch it up, since Psychic guy might be a bit mad at me... ^^"
monday
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  L on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Were in you Psychic's group of people-stupid-enough-to-support-him?

It doesn't matter who you are, an alliance made by false pretenses will do nothing to help you win, because there can only be one King of Lies, and the King of Lies will form his throne from the bodies of those he fools into being his followers.
L
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill :
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:50 pm

The plan needs to be done on an exchange where both go all in, but they both do full passes, with this method, two players can gain enough to beat SeDr0 and have no potatoes so this is more like an equivalent exchange that would destroy him, remember there is the all peaceful approach here so don't do a suicide yet, think of it in the third or fourth round if you have two potatoes (and too if on round 2 like some have).

Problem with the game is there is no removal methods for the potatoes so if by third you got two, you really might want to give up to your opponent only if you think it is appropiate.
I've noticed the problem too with the round decrease, this has actually improve the risk of elimination since the potatoes were decreased too so those getting two potatoes in one round is really at great risk since one more and they are out. It would probably help if the death potato level was moved to 4 so all players have a chance into progressing to round 3, but whether that move will be made or not may take a while if the dealers feel the game needs to be improved a little (probably not).

My advise at this point to a 2 potato player would probably make trustable alliances with as many people in your group as possible, but always be cautious; also to 2 potato players, the worst player to do an 'end' on would be another 2 potato player since it will decrease player count and make it more likely for you to be eliminated (as you would most probably encounter a no potato or 1 potato player who is given a guranteed opportunity to get you) so do make as many alliances as you can, especially with other two potato players in you group if present (trusted members of you circle would be advised if you feel that you can be guaranteed from them for cooperation, whether you decide you do a suicide or pure pass is your choice, but make sure that you agree with the choice and that it's best for you).

I hope this will help you, that is all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Ravenwind wrote:This is a topic to discuss what actually happened in the round today.

I'll start with this, was I really tricked when markaa bet 3750 and then immediately ended the round?

I mean, I couldn't really react to that move, and I feel that no matter the size of the bet, he would have still made that move.

I also believe that the two players right after me made a huge mistake as well, first betting max limit, and then the second time passing.

Spoiler:

Sorry mate, you messed up bad. I suppose the best way to tell you without being forced to quit, is this:

"It's not the direct approach you should notice."

Think back to your game; I realized this after a certain game in your round (and further more a certain enemy of mine).

Oh, we're redoing all the Rounds tomorrow, so don't worry about the SeDr0 thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Fufu... just as planned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:33 pm

CREEEEEPER.

Back to top Go down

Post  AkiraHotaru on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:59 am

Why are they redoing all the rounds tomorrow? and can those who didn't participate in the preliminary join in tomorrow?
AkiraHotaru
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Flexibility in thinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arutica on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:40 am

Okay, so what time is the actual preliminary on wednesday? Been trying to find info about that, but maybe I'm just stupid.

Arutica
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Wits and perfectionism.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BadPlayer on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:07 am

Is there a post saying when it's going to be again? Also, are they really restarting the whole game?
BadPlayer
Not a Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:46 am

yes they are and i dont no
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thiefhanded on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:34 am

I wish they could make an update that is more clear to avoid confusion. bounce
thiefhanded
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : To hide yourself well is sometimes more mysterious than darkness.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 am

From this practice I've learned one thing for sure: Why everyone asks so many questions about the games in the manga.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forli on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:51 am

Hey, guys.
I won't continue playing at this tournament, it's too disorganized and hollow. I warned Leronira that one hour would never be enough for a game to be played, but he did not listen and fucked up everything. And as for the game itself I didn't like it at all, the explanation itself was very confusing. I had a hard time fully understanding the game.
And I think that most of the decisions made by the host are ridiculous. Yeah, may think "Oh, what a butthurt, he's angry because he was winning". It's actually true, of course i'm angry. But that doesn't change that it should not be that way. Not only me but other players played for real (In Group a and C) and they can't do what they did again.

Anyway, you are calling BadPlayer an idiot, and I want to clear that up. He's not an idiot, he's actually pretty bright. Just for you to know, I'll tell you what really happened on the game:

Badplayer was not my allie when the round started. When I knew he would be my rival, I started talking with him. I offered him sharing the final prize (the knowledge of the first round) if he collaborated with me. We were supposed to bet the maximum bet and call "Pass" until the 5th turn. But I thought... "Wait, if people see us doing this, they may try the same thing in order to tie with us". I decided to take a risk, I ended it on the first turn. I didn't win as much as money, but it would scare our opponents. They wouldn't take the risk of trying that strategy if they saw me fuck Badplayer up like that. That way, my win was pretty much secured.

And then I just needed to worry about the second match, which would probably be against on of my team members. In that case, I would just increase my winnings going on to a 4-2 with my 10,000 yen. Impossible to beat. And if not, I would just potato him. My team members would do the same with everyone else. Just potato them until they got eliminated.

During the short time we had to plan, this strategy was the best possible plan. But, oh, the hosts decided to pospone the round. It pissed me off, because they could now gather and form a counterattack just as Fusionblu said. But still, my chances of winning were higher than everyone else. But then, they restarted the whole thing for no reason. I actually intended to "pay" BadPlayer what I promised, and of course do it as well for my team members.

Why am I posting this? Because now this strategy is unavailable. The best strategy now is to lean on team members to share the winnings. And the largest group out there is... mine. I may leave the tournament, but with this my group will still have the largest winning chances.

Enjoy the game, everyone.
Forli
Ex-Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Chessboard thinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanatos on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:59 am

thanks for your contribution! everyone should be more open Smile
Xanatos
Final Round Player

Liar Game Skill : I'm good at Basketball :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next